WnSoft Forums

Frozen

coopernatural

Hi All,

I Put up a short AV Titled Frozen on Mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?nyd1mymgiie

Alaska and the Arctic Tundra.Some of the animals that live in this harsh environment.

Nothing fancy or 3D,but you might want to put the heating on!

Davy

Davy, fantastic show,amazing photos, and beautiful music, it has it all....!!!

Thanks for sharing, and best regards, Gayland.

Never had to leave the room to make this,which is just as well.Looked bitter cold.

Davy

So I'm assuming these are not your pictures? Are they public domain photos or photos you downloaded from somebody's website? It does seem like it would have been polite and correct to give credit to the original photographer(s), although I have to admit that I find it troubling that you would make a show like this without some sort of explicit disclaimer that the photos are not yours but you are using them with permission. I certainly would not want anybody downloading my pictures and using them in a show.

If I have misunderstood and they are in fact your photos, then my apologies and my compliments on some absolutely fantastic pictures.

So I'm assuming these are not your pictures? Are they public domain photos or photos you downloaded from somebody's website? It does seem like it would have been polite and correct to give credit to the original photographer(s), although I have to admit that I find it troubling that you would make a show like this without some sort of explicit disclaimer that the photos are not yours but you are using them with permission. I certainly would not want anybody downloading my pictures and using them in a show.

If I have misunderstood and they are in fact your photos, then my apologies and my compliments on some absolutely fantastic pictures.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your response.I must say with some points I agree with you and not so with others.

Yes I should have made a disclaimer they were not my photos.I don't get out and about on international holidays

so only way I get these far off images is via friends or Google.Never my intention to pass any of these Pics as my own

for the afore mentioned reason and just because even if there,I couldn't take anything as good.

In previous postings of AVs I have mentioned that images were downloaded.Maybe I'm just getting lazy.I can't be bothered making out a slide with music credits etc.

I don't view these AVs as anything serious.Maybe if it was for say a competition,but I do not enter anything for competitions.

I really don't have a problem using a Googled image.Certainly seeking permission and crediting various sources would be a headache.Different if there was say

money or gain of some sort involved.Winsoft is just a small closed loop of people that wouldn't even add up to be a minority group.

If I was to post a pic on the web and someone used it in an AV,school project or whatever,I would be delighted.We differ on this point.

If I didn't want anyone to use it,I wouldn't post it up on the web.

I can accept that along with you there are many who do not approve of this sort of thing,but to varying degrees.You have to accept that are those who don't mind at all. I am glad to have the freedom to make my own choices.I do not overly concern myself with it.I just get on with things.

I should feel flattered that you won't like the images now if I didn't take them.

Thank you so much.

Understanding how you feel,I am quite happy to take the AV down and put some sort of Warning on it.

Let me know what you would like.

Regards,

Davy