WnSoft Forums

Multi projectors slideshows

robcad64

Greetings to all,

I have seen slideshows that when projected were 1024x3 by 768; that is, the image projected had a resolution of 3072 x768. I have also seen others done with two projectors that were 2048x768.

My question is, can PTE running on a PC drive two projectors with appropriately created shows (eg. account for blending of the images fro example) ? I am investigating whether this is possible at all with PTE

Will it ever allow this?

thank you.

Greetings to all,

I have seen slideshows that when projected were 1024x3 by 768; that is, the image projected had a resolution of 3072 x768. I have also seen others done with two projectors that were 2048x768.

My question is, can PTE running on a PC drive two projectors with appropriately created shows (eg. account for blending of the images fro example) ? I am investigating whether this is possible at all with PTE

Will it ever allow this?

thank you.

It's possible to drive several videoprojectors with PTE, I teste 6 x 1024 x 768 with V5.52. Since v5.6 you can drive only 2 but they can be full HD.

Normally with 3 videoprojectors it's better each of them has a common progressive part with its neighbourg, so you normally have a smaller definition (about 2500 x 768)

It's possible to drive several videoprojectors with PTE, I teste 6 x 1024 x 768 with V5.52. Since v5.6 you can drive only 2 but they can be full HD.

Normally with 3 videoprojectors it's better each of them has a common progressive part with its neighbourg, so you normally have a smaller definition (about 2500 x 768)

JPD

It was very interesting to see that you have run several projectors with PTE (v5.6 and 6). Many years ago I did a panoramic show with multiple slide projectors. It would be good to be able do this again with digital projectors.

With your experience, can you give us some information on the PTE settings and output connections to 2 or 3 digital projectors.

Thanks in advance.

Boogie

You just need several graphic card. I made tests with 3 graphic cards with two outputs for each to six screens first. With six screens the max definition for each is 1024 x 768 above it's not smooth. You can't use all the effects of PTE because aa part of each scrreen recover a part of its neighbourg but fade in/ fade out, cuts and some others are available.

I used a png file in copyright logo to make the law of progessivity between two scren. With video-projectors, it's necessarry to adjust this PNG file because blck of video-projector isn't black aand depend of the model.

With two video projectors, 1920 x 1080 is the max value today to be smooth, above, at least on my PC, it's not smooth.

For six screens I used V5.1 then 5.52 with a size of 6144 x 768 pixels and used windowed mode 6144 x 768. For 2 screens 1920 x 1080 I use V5.6 with format 3840 x 1080 (not window mode)

You just need several graphic card. I made tests with 3 graphic cards with two outputs for each to six screens first. With six screens the max definition for each is 1024 x 768 above it's not smooth. You can't use all the effects of PTE because aa part of each scrreen recover a part of its neighbourg but fade in/ fade out, cuts and some others are available.

I used a png file in copyright logo to make the law of progessivity between two scren. With video-projectors, it's necessarry to adjust this PNG file because blck of video-projector isn't black aand depend of the model.

With two video projectors, 1920 x 1080 is the max value today to be smooth, above, at least on my PC, it's not smooth.

For six screens I used V5.1 then 5.52 with a size of 6144 x 768 pixels and used windowed mode 6144 x 768. For 2 screens 1920 x 1080 I use V5.6 with format 3840 x 1080 (not window mode)

JPD

Thanks for the information, I will try it on my system. First, I need some more graphic cards.

Boogie

• 2 weeks later...

JPD

I have not made much progress. My graphics card has 2 outputs so I have connected 2 monitors (No.1- 1680 x 1050, No2- 1280 x 1024) and set WindowsXP to extend the desktop to show across the 2 monitors.

With PTE I created a slide show with images 2960 x 1024. The PTE project options (Under Screen Tab) are: Full Screen, Aspect ratio - Custom, Size slide - 2950x1024 and ticked box Fixed size of slide.

My objective is to have a panoramic show across a wide screen using 2 projectors run from 1 computer PTE exe file, that is, single images say 2960 x 1024 (half the image from each projector - lefthand and righthand).

When I come to Preview the show it gives me the option to preview on monitor 1 or 2, whereas I want it across 2 monitors (or 2 projectors if I connect them instead of the monitors). When I create an exe file it only runs on 1 monitor.

Do I need another graphics card (or USB VGA Adaptor)?

Any suggestions please, with the above information, to achieve my objective.

Thanks

Boogie

These suggestions apply to Nvidia graphics on Windows XP, other cards and Vista will probably have similar options.

To achieve a satisfactory display across 2 monitors, ideally the monitors should be identical, or at least the pixel dimensions should be the same, otherwise

half the image will appear distorted on one of the monitors depending on the set-up.

You can however prove the set-up using dis-similar screens

You do not need an additional graphics card.

If you have Nvidia graphics card, the driver software includes "Nvidia control panel". You can find this by "right clicking" on the desk top then selecting the option from the pop-up box.

Using the option shown below on Panel 1. The two monitors will appear as a single monitor to Pic to Exe.

You then need to open "Display" from the Control panel, click on Properties, select Settings, and then select your "wide" screen resolution.

Ideally the screen resolution, the settings in Pic to Exe and your Image files should have the same dimensions, it is not essential, as Pic to Exe will scale the images.

Panel 2. Shows how you can match the Colour, Contrast and Brightness of the displayed image parts.

post-6549-126047662399_thumb.jpg

post-6549-126047663952_thumb.jpg

These suggestions apply to Nvidia graphics on Windows XP 3, other cards and Vista will probably have similar options.

To achieve a satisfactory display across 2 monitors, ideally the monitors should be identical, or at least the pixel dimensions should be the same, otherwise

half the image will appear distorted on one of the monitors depending on the set-up.

You can however prove the set-up using dis-similar screens

You do not need an additional graphics card.

If you have Nvidia graphics card, the driver software includes "Nvidia control panel". You can find this by "right clicking" on the desk top then selecting the option from the pop-up box.

Using the option shown below on the Panel 1. The two monitors will appear as a single monitor to Pic to Exe.

You then need to open "Display" from the Control panel, click on Properties, select Settings, and then select your "wide" screen resolution.

Ideally the screen resolution, the settings in Pic to Exe and your Image files should have the same dimensions, it is not essential, as Pic to Exe will scale the images.

Panel 2. Shows how you can match the Colour, Contrast and Brightness of the displayed image parts.

Scorpion

Many thanks for the info. That is exactly what I want to do.

Unfortunately, I have a Radeon 9950 graphics card on my desktop computer and a Nvidia Geforce FX Go5600 card in my laptop (which I would use for a panoramic slide show. On neither of the computers, when I right click on the desktop, is an option you describe to a Graphics card control panel.

The only way I can extend the display to 2 monitors is (XP) Control Panel Display Settings - ticking box - "Extend my Wdws desktop onto this monitor"

When I do this my desktop is repeated on the second monitor. I can only use this second monitor by clicking and dragging a "windowed box" across. I cannot get a "widescreen" solution you describe.

Your (Nvidia) Graphics Card Control Panel options seems to be what I want (particularly on the laptop "show" computer).

Is there a way of a widescreen control with my current cards?

Boogie

Problem solved!!

I went to ATI website and downloaded and installed their ATI Catalyst Control Panel for my graphics card. The Control Panel now starts when I right click on the decktop and gives me similar controls to the Nvidia Control Panel previously discussed. The controls are not as easy to impliment as the Nvidia example that Scorpion gave me but I have been able get the wide screen that I wanted.

I now have a "desktop" 3360 x 1050 so it is back to PTE to create my panorama show,

Thanks to all for your help.

Boogie