WnSoft Forums

mouse cursor shape in O&A

JRR

Not a major point, but in ver 6 (maybe there in 5.6 as well?) if you use an image, or text as an object from which to run an application, the mouse cursor changes to a hand when over the object, however if a button is used, the mouse cursor does not change shape. It stays as an arrow.

It still works, but after being used to seeing the shape change all the time when I used an image file as an object, I have a small panic attack :) :) when I see it doesn't change on a button and I think it is not going to work.

Jim,

This topic was discussed earlier this year. As I recall, the consensus view was that the only reason for using a button is to have an action associated with it; therefore there was no need to change the mouse pointer to indicate the presence of an action. Whereas for images, text and other objects the change of mouse pointer did indicate the presence of an action where there might, in different circumstances, be none.

regards,

Peter