WnSoft Forums

Unprocessing problem PTE/Win7

Thérèse

Hello dear friends !

One of my friends of Diaporamaforum lets you know by my intermediary of the following problem:

He says :

A few weeks ago I updated my pc-os from Vista to Win-7.

All seemed well to go with the whole of the softs installed (Adobe coll CS4 inter alia ...) except for one of them : PTE. In fact PTE is completely blocked as soon as a new project is created, just after having added 2 slides for example.

The PTE files already realized are read well, but impossible to modify them without causing blocking.

I therefore unstalled PTE version 6.0.1, and then reinstalled it, I reinstalled the key, lounched Cleaner expecting to see some errors founded into the register, tested a former version ...... without any success.

Since all went well with Vista before I would be tempted to show win-7 like culprit, but knowing that other users of PTE/Win7 do not have these dysfunctions, I cannot which solution to find myself :(

I would like neither to remove Win7 nor with PTE of course.

So I kindly request to you your help in the matter while hoping to find an issue :)

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

A desperate PTE forumeur ! :huh:

Greetings,

I don't know what might have happened or what exactly would fix it. But...until someone comes up with a real fix, try this:

Uninstall PTE. Then reinstall it. Before you click on the file to reinstall it, right-click on the install file and go to the 'Compatibility' tab and select 'Windows XP'. Then continue with the install process. This might at least get it installed. I did not have any problems installing PTE with my original Windows 7 (not upgraded from Vista). But this process was useful when I had conflicts with other programs when I tried to install them in Windows 7.

Hope this at least gets it installed. Hope it works.

Gary

===================

Hello dear friends ! ....

Since all went well with Vista before I would be tempted to show win-7 like culprit, but knowing that other users of PTE/Win7 do not have these dysfunctions, I cannot which solution to find myself :(

I would like neither to remove Win7 nor with PTE of course...

A desperate PTE forumeur ! :huh: