WnSoft Forums

PC and TV files on One Disc

tonyt

Hi

Still climbing the learning curve. If I play a DVD produced by VB on my computer, quality is poor (I understand why), conversely a pte.exe file will not play on a dvd/tv combination. Is it possible to produce a DVD from VB that contains a menu linked to two files - one the pte-exe file (for use on a PC) and the other an ISO file (for use on a DVD player/TV), so that whoever receives the disc has choice and flexibility?

Thank you for any ideas.

Tony T.

Hi Tony,

When you are creating a DVD with Video Builder, after you have specified the .pte file to be used and clicked the "Next" button, there is a the second screen which allows you to specify the Project Name and types of files (MPEG2, ISO, etc.)you want. On that screen there is a checkbox next to "Include Additional folders and files to disk". You could check the box and specify your previously created .EXE to be added there. You might have to instruct the user how to manually run the .EXE by selecting it in the Windows Explorer listing as I think that the DVD would be the thing that actually "autoruns" when the disk is loaded on the computer.

Tony!

There are two common formats that DVD is burned from and that is VIDEO_TS Folder and ISO.

These are compiled data but you can NOT play them untill they are properly treated. Video editing programs can open them so you can manipulate the content but they are not player ready. The folder contans several sub folders with different content of video and audio etc. The ISO is a single file. DVD burning programs will read them both but first a lead in and at the end a lead out has to be placed on the disc for a desktop player to recognize the content and play it.

So if you send someone an ISO file it will not play onless it is imported into a DVD burning program like Nero or alike and burned.

You can create a PTE and in the DVD burning page you can ad file (the EXE) to it than burn the DVD.

So if you place it in a player it will play the DVD format but then if you place it in a computer than you will have two choices of picking from the EXE or the DVD.

The only thing that you have to get out of autoplay by Esc or close the player and in Win. Explorer search for the EXE on your optical drive, drag it on the desktop and copie.

The EXE will not play well from the disc.

Like this you can share the two file format on a single disc.

Laszlo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...