WnSoft Forums

Music sync for groups of images

dh114

Hello All!

I've been using P2E for quite some time, but now I need to do a little more.

The problem I'm having is the show I'm working on has 331 Images. What I'm needing to do is: song 1 for images 1-63, song 2 for images 64-195, song 3 for images 196-265, and song 4 for images 266-331. I've tried highlighting each group of images and "customize slide". When this is done what it is doing is restarting the song for each image.

What can I do to have the correct song play for the duration of the # of images needed?

Thanks for reading!

Danny

Danny

My approach is to drag the first and last slides of a section so that they line up with the beginning and end of a piece of music, using the Timeline. I then select all the images for that section and go to Timed Points / Arrange selected points.

Repeat this process for each piece of music.

No doubt the more experienced members will have a simpler answer.

Ray Groome

Peter,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I guess I'm completely lost.

Am I understanding correctly that if I add the 4 songs in the music tab like you say, won't that sync the entire, roughly 15:46 minutes of music to the 331 images?

What my customer wants is for images 1-63 to take the 3:52 minutes of song #1. Then images 64-195 to take 5:15 minutes of song 2, etc. This will make images 1-63 be displayed for a different amount of time per image than images 64-195. Does this make sense?

Sorry for not understanding!

Danny

Danny,

Just add the four pieces of music, in the correct order, via Project Options...Music tab - and remove everything you've done with music already.

regards,

Peter

What you need to do is add all the music, then take off the option 'Auto Spread slides along music' (Project Options). Once you have done that you need to go to 'Timeline' and show the waveform. You will then need to manually move the slides to lineup with the appropriate music.

Roger

Danny,

The problem I'm having is the show I'm working on has 331 Images. What I'm needing to do is: song 1 for images 1-63, song 2 for images 64-195, song 3 for images 196-265, and song 4 for images 266-331. I've tried highlighting each group of images and "customize slide". When this is done what it is doing is restarting the song for each image

Another option you may want to try since your basically building 4 slide shows into one ... is to build 4 separate slide shows and link them at the end with the Run Slide Show command that available in versions 5.6-6.0. Depending on how you do your slide effects its possible to do this method to appear seamless.

Note: Please remember all the slide shows must be built with the same exact version.

Everyone, Thank you for your replies!

I have tried as Peter and Ray Groome have said to do without much luck.

As I have it now. When I go into timeline mode Images 1-63 take up 4 minutes 8 seconds and my 1st song is 3 min 52 sec. If I drag image 63 to the left in the timeline to the end of song indicator image 63 becomes 60, 60 becomes 61, 61 becomes 62, 62 becomes 63. I then click timed points and arrange selected points and all that happens is the image that was 63 is now renumbered 60 and the 63 images take 4 min 4 seconds.

I've even tried selecting all the images in the group that I want to have shown during a song and arrange selected points and no luck. Even tried selecting all images in group and dragging last one to end of song in waveform on timeline but it moves all the images the same amount as the one I'm dragging, thus overlapping images.

I've spent most of the day trying to figure this out without any luck. I'm sure I'm overlooking some minor thing that is keeping me from getting this. It appears that images are spaced 4 seconds apart even though I have unchecked Auto Spread slides along musicin Project Options.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Danny

Quick update.

I've tried as nobeefstu suggested and tried taking images 1-63 and creating a slide show of just those 63 images. I'm having the same problem. The music is 3 min 52 sec long and my images are showing 4 min 12 sec. I'm just not able to get the music and images to end at the same time.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Danny

Danny,

Panic not, we will arrive at a workable solution eventually. Can I suggest that you take the sequence that you built using nobeefstu's suggestion (i.e just the first 63 images and the first piece of music). Give each image the 4 seconds default duration but ensure that in Project Options...Main tab you have ticked "Auto spread slides along music". Note: if you look at the timeline things might still seem wrong but run a Preview of the sequence. It should, I think, fit the slides evenly spaced out to fill the music track.

If this works, build the other three sequences similarly. Then we can help you join the four sequences together in a continuous chain.

regards,

Peter

Hello Everyone,

Another update. I now have created 4 slideshows. One for each grouping with the appropriate music. Now, I just need to get them linked/joined together. I have created 4 executable files for PCs. I'm needing them in a single slideshow on DVD.

nobeefstu posted to use "Run Slide Show" command that's available in version 5.6 - 6.0. I looked and I had 5.6.3 so I upgraded to 6.0.1 but don't see "Run Slide Show" command.

Can you help me with instructions to join the 4 shows into 1 to burn onto DVD? I've looked in the help file and don't see anything that looks like it is what I need. I may be overlooking it though.

Thanks again for the help!

Danny

Danny,

To use Run Slideshow for the compiled exes ... see Project Options | More tab to make your setting. See attachment

DVD build Slide Shows are different and wont run other Slide Shows like the EXE build types. To have DVD shows play one after the other just insert all 4 shows in the correct order in the list panel. If you use a DVD Menu ... each individual show will have its own menu link. (Its also possible to move-off-page any menu links you dont want to see or set menu itens to 1 as long as you dont use the Return to Menu after each title setting.) See VideoBuilders own Project Options for how you want to treat the DVD playback.

Note: Please first build/test the EXE version to your satisfaction ... then build the DVD version.

post-45-126151087846_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update.

I've tried as nobeefstu suggested and tried taking images 1-63 and creating a slide show of just those 63 images. I'm having the same problem. The music is 3 min 52 sec long and my images are showing 4 min 12 sec. I'm just not able to get the music and images to end at the same time.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Danny

Maybe a bit late but what I would try is to divide the number of slides into the music duration, viz 232 seconds/63 slides = 3secs and 683milli secs. then set the slide duration for this part of the show at this 3.682 secs, you can then make fine adjustments by dragging a few slides to match. You can then repeat for other sections.

John

Danny,

You have 252 seconds of music so each of the 63 slides needs a duration of 4seconds 200 milliseconds. Set this duration value as follows:

Project Options...Main tab, at the bottom is Time interval for new slides

Set value = 4 in the seconds box and value = 200 in the milliseconds box

and then click on Set for existing slides

The last step is crucial. Without it you have set time values only for any new slides that you add.

regards,

Peter