WnSoft Forums

File question

e.b.west

I'm trying to solve a problem by using a file I created on one computer on different computer.

I create the show and save it as a pte file. I then copy it to a thumb drive and try to open it with the second computer (both running 6.0.1). All I get on the second computer is all the slides referring to the drive where the pictures are on the first computer. How do I copy a pte file, which includes the pictures, so I can open it to work on another computer?

I'm trying to solve a problem by using a file I created on one computer on different computer.

I create the show and save it as a pte file. I then copy it to a thumb drive and try to open it with the second computer (both running 6.0.1). All I get on the second computer is all the slides referring to the drive where the pictures are on the first computer. How do I copy a pte file, which includes the pictures, so I can open it to work on another computer?

The .PTE file - usually project(n).pte - is not the show program. It is a 'template' or list of instructions as to how PTE puts the show together from the images and sound tracks. PTE files do not contain any images or sound tracks, and will not run as a program.

When you create a slide show, the resultant program is an .exe file, just like any other executable file, and it will run on almost any Windows machine from a thumb drive or memory stick.

If you have created a file from your show, you will have an .exe file somewhere which is your show program. BTW, previewing the show does not create an .exe file. The 'Create' button does make the .exe file.

To transfer a PTE sequence from one computer to another, so that you can work on it on the second PC, you should use "File...Create Backup in Zip". Then copy the zip to the USB memory stick, and finally extract the zip contents to a new folder on the second PC.

regards,

Peter