WnSoft Forums

Sea of Sand

All,

This is a fairly short (2.5 minutes)AV on dry and dusty desert areas.‘Sea of Sand’.

Have put this up on Mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?00utllwziai

Ever changing, the Sea of Sand is constantly moved by a Sirocco.

Pleasing on the eye, surreal forms and patterns are created.

Music title is ‘Voices’ from Deepwater Blue.

Images are courtesy of Google.

Davy

DAVY

great collection -- makes one jealous of the man on the shutter button:)

ken

Hi Ken,

I can't get to those exotic places,but that's no excuse not to be out and

about taking photos.Am determined to get out this year and do some shutter clicking.

I may go the whole hog and do the soundtrack music as well.Might make up for all those hours Googling.

Can't even remember what all the buttons do on the camera.I am doomed. :D

Might just be the worst AV ever.

No more googled images for a while,but I may put up an AV of some old turn of the century photos I have.

Davy.

Hi Ken,

I can't get to those exotic places,but that's no excuse not to be out and

about taking photos.Am determined to get out this year and do some shutter clicking.

I may go the whole hog and do the soundtrack music as well.Might make up for all those hours Googling.

Can't even remember what all the buttons do on the camera.I am doomed. biggrin.gif

Might just be the worst AV ever.

No more googled images for a while,but I may put up an AV of some old turn of the century photos I have.

Davy.

Just burned my shutter/mouse finger changing a bulb without gloves - dumb old f___ :(

ken

Davy,

I'm new to PTE and enjoying it very much. Viewing slidshows like this one that you posted is quite helpful. The audio and video are terrific! I typically use my own photography in my slideshows, but was intrigued by your comment that you sourced the images from Google.

I would appreciate it if you could help me on three questions that I have regarding your slideshow:

(1) How did you source these images from Google?

I looked at Google Images for similar photos, selected the largest files I could find, and opening them in Photoshop. They were, however, no where near as sharp and clear as yours. I applied some sharpening, but that only made them look worse.

(2) How did you get the sound files from deepwater blue?

I went to their website and was able to play the specific files that you used, but I could not figure out how to download them. How do you do that? Are they free?

(3) How did you get your slideshow to perfectly fit on my monitor, without any black bars?

I've played with various settings in PTE and have been able to minimize the black bars, limiting them to only one thin one on each side of my image. But, I have not been able to eliminate them. I'm using a Dell 24" monitor set to 1920 X 1200 pixels.

Sorry to bother you with questions, but you seem to have the magic touch.

Don

I would suggest visiting travel sites and copy and paste the advertising picts to your drive to experiment with

just dont take credit for them -- say where you got them

also watch for gallery links on web pages

take all sorts of sizes so that you can see where the image breaks down

pc world digital focus

http://www.pcworld.com/article/183735/frequently_asked_photo_questions_for_december.html?tk=nl_dfx_h_cbintro

have a contest and they put up 2 picts a week and you can go back to see past winners

subscribe to the newsletter

ken

Davy,

I'm new to PTE and enjoying it very much. Viewing slidshows like this one that you posted is quite helpful. The audio and video are terrific! I typically use my own photography in my slideshows, but was intrigued by your comment that you sourced the images from Google.

I would appreciate it if you could help me on three questions that I have regarding your slideshow:

(1) How did you source these images from Google?

I looked at Google Images for similar photos, selected the largest files I could find, and opening them in Photoshop. They were, however, no where near as sharp and clear as yours. I applied some sharpening, but that only made them look worse.

(2) How did you get the sound files from deepwater blue?

I went to their website and was able to play the specific files that you used, but I could not figure out how to download them. How do you do that? Are they free?

(3) How did you get your slideshow to perfectly fit on my monitor, without any black bars?

I've played with various settings in PTE and have been able to minimize the black bars, limiting them to only one thin one on each side of my image. But, I have not been able to eliminate them. I'm using a Dell 24" monitor set to 1920 X 1200 pixels.

Sorry to bother you with questions, but you seem to have the magic touch.

Don

Hi Don,

For Question no.1 Search for type of pics you want to browse in Google Images.Open up 'Show Options' Select a Size I.E. 2MP.

There are of course lots of web sites with specific Photo material as well.

For Question No.2 I had bought a Deepwater Blue CD (Ebay). Easy enough to copy any bit of music you can hear off the internet.

Wnsoft police might be listening in though,so I can't tell you how to here.

Try to work with wav (CD) files if you can and then convert to MP3 files when you have finished tweaking/editing them.

MP3 is a lossy format.

For Question no.3 In the options tab of PTE I have selected Aspect Ratio 16:10,Size of Screen 1920x1200 and checked the boxes

Fixed Size of Slide and Hardware Acceleration.

Hope this gets you started.

Davy

All,

This is a fairly short (2.5 minutes)AV on dry and dusty desert areas.‘Sea of Sand’.

Davy

My goodness, Davy. You might not be able to get to 'exotic places' but it doesn't stop you putting together some entertaining and atmospheric a/vs. What a creative mind you must have. Keep them coming.

Maureen

Davy,

Very nice and inviting show and perfect music. I was sure the sand dunes were in Namibia...with the Eland...yes, but then I saw the leopard (wow!). Maybe,... maybe not. Then I saw the camels. Is this a compilation of various desert scenes or are they all in the Sahara???

Got me guessing... :blink: Gary

===================================

All,

Davy

Davy,

Very nice and inviting show and perfect music. I was sure the sand dunes were in Namibia...with the Eland...yes, but then I saw the leopard (wow!). Maybe,... maybe not. Then I saw the camels. Is this a compilation of various desert scenes or are they all in the Sahara???

Got me guessing... :blink: Gary

===================================

Maureen and Gary.

Thanks for the comments.

Pics are mostly from the Nabib and Sahara Desert.

It's fun,but thirsty work. :)

Davy

Davy,

I have driven through Namibia. Burnt my feet in the sands. How in the heck did you come upon that leopard!!!!!! What an moment that must have been!!!! I am still waiting for that surprise. Very jealous!!!!!!!!! ;)

Gary

======================

Maureen and Gary.

Thanks for the comments.

Pics are mostly from the Nabib and Sahara Desert.

It's fun,but thirsty work. :)

Davy

Hi Don,

For Question no.1 Search for type of pics you want to browse in Google Images.Open up 'Show Options' Select a Size I.E. 2MP.

There are of course lots of web sites with specific Photo material as well.

For Question No.2 I had bought a Deepwater Blue CD (Ebay). Easy enough to copy any bit of music you can hear off the internet.

Wnsoft police might be listening in though,so I can't tell you how to here.

Try to work with wav (CD) files if you can and then convert to MP3 files when you have finished tweaking/editing them.

MP3 is a lossy format.

For Question no.3 In the options tab of PTE I have selected Aspect Ratio 16:10,Size of Screen 1920x1200 and checked the boxes

Fixed Size of Slide and Hardware Acceleration.

Hope this gets you started.

Davy

Thanks Davy for the quick reply. I never notice those options in Google Images before. They do open up a new world. As for Deepwater, enough said.

I'm still struggling with my third question regarding fully filling the monitor screen with an image. In Project Options, I went to the Screen tab, selected Fullscreen next to where it said "Your display - 16:10." Then, I selected the following: Aspect ratio of a slide 16:10; Size of slide 1920 x 1200; checked the Fixed size of slide box; checked the Hardware accleration box. I continue to get 3/4 inch black bars on the sides of my image. I tried multiple other options, but nothing improved on this.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but my JPEGs have an aspect ratio of 1.5:1.0. I tried that aspect ratio for the slide setting in Project Options, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Don

Thanks Davy for the quick reply. I never notice those options in Google Images before. They do open up a new world. As for Deepwater, enough said.

I'm still struggling with my third question regarding fully filling the monitor screen with an image. In Project Options, I went to the Screen tab, selected Fullscreen next to where it said "Your display - 16:10." Then, I selected the following: Aspect ratio of a slide 16:10; Size of slide 1920 x 1200; checked the Fixed size of slide box; checked the Hardware accleration box. I continue to get 3/4 inch black bars on the sides of my image. I tried multiple other options, but nothing improved on this.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but my JPEGs have an aspect ratio of 1.5:1.0. I tried that aspect ratio for the slide setting in Project Options, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Don

Hi Don,

Try a test image with a 1.6:1.0 ratio. (1920x1200).Should do the trick. You can make a custom crop tool size 1920x1200 in Photoshop or other photo edit program.

You will have to crop your images to this new ratio.

Davy

Davy,

I have driven through Namibia. Burnt my feet in the sands. How in the heck did you come upon that leopard!!!!!! What an moment that must have been!!!! I am still waiting for that surprise. Very jealous!!!!!!!!! ;)

Gary

======================

Gary,

Images were courtesy of Google!

All I burnt was my feet,but that was on a radiator at home :D

Davy

Davy

Wonderful evocative AV. Images and music combine perfectly.

This is what AVs are all about, some nice third images as well. Thanks.