WnSoft Forums

Lining up objects from slide to slide

Photofanatic

Please could anyone explain how to ensure objects that are present on 2 or more slides are in exactly the same place on both - at the moment I adjust one slide and then move to the next but have to do it by eye to make sure they line up with the last and often they are jut a tiny bit out which causes a jump/jolt when the slide show runs - sorry not to explain it very clearly - i am burning the midnigt oil!

Thanks

JOy

Please could anyone explain how to ensure objects that are present on 2 or more slides are in exactly the same place on both - at the moment I adjust one slide and then move to the next but have to do it by eye to make sure they line up with the last and often they are jut a tiny bit out which causes a jump/jolt when the slide show runs - sorry not to explain it very clearly - i am burning the midnigt oil!

Thanks

JOy

Joy:

I don't have an easy answer for you, but have you got the grid turned on in the O&A window? That should make it much easier if you haven't.

If you don't, the grid is the little square in the centre (well a little to the left)at the top of the O&A screen. Click on it and a grid will come up across your screen. It can be adjusted size wise by then clicking on the down arrow.

Hope that helps a little

I am sure someone will come along with a better way for you.

The circumstances under which you are getting mis-alignment need to be looked at. If it is your background image that is being mis-aligned make sure that you are using exactly the same image in both slides. For example if you want you background image to go from colour to B&W make sure that in you image manipulation software you used a copy of your background colour image to do the B&W conversion.

If it is images in the O&A window that you are having problems with then again make sure you are using exactly the same image in both, also check that the Parent - Child relationship is the same in both O&A windows. If the above is true, the easiest way is to look at the Animation tab particularly the Pan, Zoom and Rotate parameters these should all be exactly the same otherwise you will have mis-alignment.

Hope this helps

Tony

Hi Joy,

The grid, as Jim explained is one good way. Another, and perhaps more precise way is to temporarily load the second slide as an object on another layer on the first slide. Set the opacity for each to about 50% and carefully move the second slide's position so that the objects overlay perfectly. Write down the pan, zoom and rotate values, copy and them paste them on the second slide. Erase the temporary second slide loaded as an object on the first, change the opacity for the first slide back to its original value and your second slide will have perfect alignment with the first.

Best regards,

Lin

Joy,

It isn't clear whether you are talking about the same object on two alides or two different objects that you want to appear in the same position on two different slides.

If it is the same object across several slides then simply set the object where you want it on the first slide, then select that object in the Objects List in the O&A window and use the Copy icon on the toolbar to copy it to the clipboard, then move to the next slide and use the Paste icon on the toolbar to paste it onto the second slide.

If you are animating the object (pan, zoom, rotate) during the duration of the first slide, then make a note of the numbers in the boxes on the Animation tab at the end of the animation and make sure that these numbers are the ones used at the beginning of the next slide.

You should be able to achieve what you want with a combination of these two techniques.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Joy

Going right back to basic PTE, are you sizing your images before adding them to your show? The norm is 1024x768, and goes on from there in various stages depending on your monitor size & resolution.

Yachtsman1.