WnSoft Forums

Animate Pictures from left to right across screen

rfreeman1960

I am attempting to create an effect with P2E and can not seem to manage to get 1, 2 or 3 pictures to slide from left to right at different speeds across the screen. Can someone explainn how I might be able to achieve this effect. An example is here

http://www.operationhannah.com/Emmalea_thoughts.html

How can I achieve this effect of a picture moving from the left to the right side of the screen in a smooth clear viewable motion.

New to P2E and have not yet purchased. Do I need pro version and purchased copy?

Please advise.

Rob Freeman

rfreeman@freemancomputerservice.com

ps.

There is not a "Pro" version of PTE, Rob, only the registered version, that allows to make presentations with more than 10 slides (and without the warning message "Made with unregistered copy...").

As to moving pictures, you must use images as "Objects", that you can place where you want; the main image is always centered on the screen.

To see only the objects, the best solution is to use a unique image (in your case for example a little dot 1x1 pixels), and deselect "Show image" case under the slide list.

You can move an object not only with the mouse, but also, more precisely, with direction arrows (one pixel left, right, up and down).

In essence what you need is beyond what effects do today, pro or not. You are looking for full motion video. Although not there in PTE effects today, this may be implemented in the future. Ask Igor.

The best way this can be done currently using PTE features is to place separate photos as photo objects in visual object editor and then in successive duplicates of the current slide, nudge the photos forward in differing amounts in each new slide using the RIGHT keyboard arrow key in visual object editor. For the differing movement rates, nudge one photo two pixels, a second photo 5 pixels, and a third photo 8 pixels each time (for example). This will work best with the least change in pixels per slide, as in make photos fairly small in pixel dimensions. Per slide display has to be very short. Some "jumpiness" is unavoidable. Also, this method will require that the slideshow is viewed at the same screen resolution as when you created it. This is because the current PTE version does not scale images placed in the visual object editor. Igor has notes about next version possibly having scaling. In summary, this is very tedious and will not be perfectly smooth.

Alternatively you can make a succession of totally different whole-screen images in an external photo editing application, and then in PTE simply display them rapidly. This option is not practical for large screen sizes and high resolutions due to performance demands. Also, there will be a very large showfile size due to many separate images, while the first method keeps using same images for next slide and does not have such large showfile size.

Welcome, Rob Freeman

Igor is always enhancing PTE features and effects. As for

It would be nice if there was a quicker and easier way ...

A basic "Push" Transition may just be your ticket :

Push effect (and probably Zoom) is scheduled for this new v4.20. But I'm afraid there will be a little pause between effects in your case of panorama, at least 50-100 ms. (to prepare next slide).

As for realistic " Movie " visuals ... PTE is more like a SLIDE PROJECTOR. Trying to make a slide projector run like movie films is not currently in PTEs bag of tricks.

PTE is a great product though ... if SLIDE SHOWS is your game ! :P

In the aforementioned PTE show the only transition effect used is a simple fade (the best in the business I might add). I've toyed around with the tricks mentioned previously but haven't been satisfied with the results. There are other programs that will do the push, but PTE is my choice for presentations on a PC despite not having that feature.

Yet.

GO IGOR!!!!! :P