WnSoft Forums

Frames [Resolved]

trailertrash

Guest Yachtsman1

I'm slowly getting round all the various parts of P2E and have come to frames.

I was wondering when [in what circumstance] you would use them, and for what?

Any quick explination?

Andrew

Open the PDF manual, click the binoculars, type frame & bingo.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1 ;)

Andrew,

The most useful use of Frames that I have found is when doing animation where I want both rotation and either pan or zoom at the same time.

I set the object that I want to animate as the child of a nest of frames (something like this):

Rotate Frame

..|_Pan Frame

....|_Zoom Frame

......|_Object

I then program the keyframes for the rotation on the Rotate Frame, for the Pan on the Pan Frame, etc. and no keyframes get added to the object itself. (Ignore the full stops in that little diagram above. I couldn't get it to keep the alignment without using them).

In this way I find that I can keep the animation events separate from one another and clear in my mind.

regards,

Peter

Move and shrink/enlarge several objects (e.g. texts) simultaneously: Insert the objects as children of a transparent frame and place them at appropriate positions; then apply (using key points) pans and zooms (not to the objects but) just to the frame. This is one of thousands of other applications.

Regards,

Xaver

Thanks very much Peter and Xahu. I've never used frames, always wondered why I would ever want to, and now I know! Timely for me, as I'm supposed to be demonstrating the use of the O&A window in PTE to our club's AV Group in March, and the use of frames is something I wasn't going to cover but now I think I will ...