WnSoft Forums

ANTARCTICA

cottage

Hello Maureen, Is it possible you could post your Presentation as a Mac Executable too? I would really like to see it. Thanks Bill

Bill, as requested in your email, the link to the MAC version of Lakeland in Winter is below and hopefully correct this time.

http://mediafire.com/?otqujxqmm05

If this doesn't work, please let me know.

Maureen

Hello Maureen Thanks so much for posting your"Lakeland in Winter" Presentation. It ran perfectly on our new MacPro Quad and the audio was so fitting with the photos. The colors and detail are just super on the Cinema 24 inch and the white border gives it a nice finishing touch. Your photography skills are certainly to be commended. We appreciate your kindness in including the MacVersion so we could enjoy it too. Thanks so much, Bill and Joyce from southeastern Pennsylvania, USA.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Maureen.

Wow!!

I have seen so many images at the photographic clubs over the years from members who have been to Antarctica and bored the pants of the club with hundreds of ______ icebergs and penguins.

You really demonstrate the usefulness of AVs by producing such a wonderful show both pictorially and audibly (as you always do damm it)

The quality of your photography Maureen is superb and why oh why is there this nonsense about 5 or 6 min shows. If we have enough images of great quality as you always seem then let the show go on, so to speak. There is the esc key for some if they feel the need. I certainly don't.

Thank you again and I look forward to next inevitable AV from you.

Anthony

Hello Maureen.

Wow!!

I have seen so many images at the photographic clubs over the years from members who have been to Antarctica and bored the pants of the club with hundreds of ______ icebergs and penguins.

You really demonstrate the usefulness of AVs by producing such a wonderful show both pictorially and audibly (as you always do damm it)

The quality of your photography Maureen is superb and why oh why is there this nonsense about 5 or 6 min shows. If we have enough images of great quality as you always seem then let the show go on, so to speak. There is the esc key for some if they feel the need. I certainly don't.

Thank you again and I look forward to next inevitable AV from you.

Anthony

Thanks, Anthony, for your comments. To be fair, it is such a remarkable environment that to take a bad picture would, I think, be difficult.

As far as the length of a/vs is concerned, I believe it is felt that the attention span of the majority is not more than a few minutes. We have a 'Mini-A/V' night a couple of times a year at the Club at which I am a member and there they stipulate that the presentation should be no more than 4 minutes. I'm afraid as far as I'm concerned they have to take what they are given. LOL!!

Maureen

• 3 weeks later...

Ant,

I regularly download AV's from here and show them to my camera club members, who are interested in AV work. For the simple fade in / fade out with appropriate music 5 mins seems to be a good length. Av's with different music and narration can be much longer if, as you say, they capture and retain the attention of the audience. Clearly there is no hard or fast rule. It depends on who the slide show was intended for. A 10 minute Av of a club outing will be of interest to all club members but perhaps not to a wider audience.

As maureen and i prepare similar types of AV (travel photography) of the fade in fade out style I was merely reminding her of my personal preference, and my attention span of a goldfish ;-)

I once watched a huge PTE Forum Av that lasted 15 mins and was thoroughly engrossed the whole way through.