WnSoft Forums

No sound when preview played

Nettleton

Hi there

Have just completed a 56 slide show. When viewing on the 'small' screen the slideshow plays with music. When viewed with 'Preview' there isn't any sound. I 'Created' a file and that doesn't play with any sound either.

I have placed my music under 'Music' in 'Project Options' and made sure that I haven't inadvertently added music to any individual slides. I do not have 'synchronise music and slides' ticked. My frustration is that when I played the 'Preview' earlier this morning, I had sound but since I have changed some slide timings, I have lost sound on 'Preview'. I have checked everything in Project Options and cannot see anything amiss.

I am using version De Luxe 5.5.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Nettleton.

Hi Nettleton,

You say that you had sound OK then made some changes and now you don't have sound. Under normal circumstances one would suspect the most recent changes. However, you say that your changes were to some slide timings. I cannot think of any way in which changing slide timings would cause a loss of sound. Therefore I have to ask whether anything else changed in that same time period, possibly something whose effect you're not fully aware of; such as a Windows update being installed or an anti-virus update.

regards,

Peter

Nettleton:

I have had PTE do some strange things to me at times. Particulary when I have been using it in conjunction with PhotoShop, but not always with PhotoShop. Sometimes the computer just seems to get "tired" and interferes with things

I have been fortunate that a fresh re-boot of the computer solves the problem.

I shut down, and turn off the switch on the back of my computer box.

After about 30 seconds, I flip on the switch, fire up the computer and PTE and I am off to the races as though nothing was ever wrong with it.

I hope it is something that simple for you, but as Peter said it might some other changes......

I agree with Jim.

Shut down and re-boot and see what happen then.

Good luck!

I agree with Jim.

Shut down and re-boot and see what happen then.

Good luck!

Hi Peter, JRR and Dan.

Thanks for your responses.

Checked security updates had not been downloaded whilst using PTE. However, before I lost the sound, I had actually created an exe file but the timings were slightly out between slides and sound when played back.

Before deciding to close the computer down and reboot, I moved the music from 'Project Options' and included it in my first slide under 'Customise Slide' - it is now working with sound with 'Preview' and has created an exe with sound too!

So, maybe its partly a computer glitch but more likely me not understanding totally how P2E works!!

Thanks - Nettleton

Hi Peter, JRR and Dan.

Thanks for your responses.

Checked security updates had not been downloaded whilst using PTE. However, before I lost the sound, I had actually created an exe file but the timings were slightly out between slides and sound when played back.

Before deciding to close the computer down and reboot, I moved the music from 'Project Options' and included it in my first slide under 'Customise Slide' - it is now working with sound with 'Preview' and has created an exe with sound too!

So, maybe its partly a computer glitch but more likely me not understanding totally how P2E works!!

Thanks - Nettleton

You don't have to attach the sound to the first slide to get it to work. It will work that way yes, but it is more normal to do it the way you did before, through PROJECT OPTIONS>MUSIC

You can go with "Hey its working, so lets not fix what is not broken" or maybe sometime with a new project, try it through PROJECT OPTIONS again

I concur with Jim. Open your project in PTE and do File Save As under a new file name. Then close down PTE and re-launch. It should open the new version of your project. Now remove the sound from slide 1 and play the sequence without music to confirm the slide times are all working properly. Then add the music back in but via Project Options.

The purpose of "Synchronise music and slides" is to ensure that, if you do a Preview from Selected Slide the music is correctly positioned to the correct start point.

regards,

Peter

Today I reopened the slideshow, saved as another title, closed PTE, reopened 'another title', removed music from first slide, checked all slides working properly, put music into 'Music', 'Project Options' and BINGO preview worked with sound and created a slideshow with sound!!!! As long as it works properly I'm only mildly curious as to why there was a glitch!!!! Thanks for the suggestions.

PS The gin and tonic worked wonders, nearly time for another !!

Nettleton