WnSoft Forums

Program Lockup

Grumpy

I have been trying to attach music files to my completed slide show to no avail.

I have Pent 2.8, 512mb ram, Ms XP Pro and have reduced the file sizes to 800 X 600 pixels and only two images in a test slide show as suggested in another message and still nothing. I have downloaded the PTE 4.14 upgrade and installed that. I have even read (Heavens!!) the user manual and the dialog box that is shown in the manual does not have the "Use internal MP3 player" option listed.hen ever I try to attach the music files the and then preview the slide show the screen goes black and everything quits working.

How may I get music to load to the slide show?

Thanks in advance.

Grumpy

Welcome Grumpy. Hope you don't stay that way very long with this great program.

Let's start with the basics to make sure you are trying the right things:

On main PTE screen, open your "project" file.

On main screen select Project Options/Music

In the music window, check the "Play background music"

Then browse to insert you desired music files in the music window space.

Click OK.

Now, back at main screen, press Preview in lower left section.

Is that what you are doing - and still no sound?

If yes, and still nothing. Try the same thing with different mp3 files that you have previously tested as playing ok on your computer. If still no music in PTE, then let us know again/more.

Good luck, and remember to enjoy the journey. :)

I really like the program, now if I can only get it to sing to me all will be well.

It is mentioned to use MP3 files for music even though the manual says .WAV, .WMA, .MID, .DAR and .RMI are supported. My files are all in .WMA. Does this mean I must convert them to .MP3 format before they will run?

Thank you

Grumpy

Grumpy

Do your .WMA files open and play ok in your windows music player or what ever player you use just to play music ?

The .WMA files should play just fine on your PC if the music file is not protected. If it is protected ... and you have the permission file to play it ... I think it should play ok on your PC and PTE. If you dont have the permission file to play a protected WMA file ... it will lock -up your PTE show cause it cant proceed to play the music.

Keep in Mind :

Using WMA (that are protected) files wont play on another users PC if you intend to distribute your Show. They wont have the permission file that enables it to play.

Best to stick with MP3 and avoid WMA altogether is my advice.

LumenLux and nobeefstu:

Thanks to you all for the assistance. After the fact was mentioned that some files are locked I went back to the windodws media player and learned there is a content protect button that has to be cleared before the files can be used elsewhere(required reading another help manual I might add).

I then returned to the slide show I had made, clicked add music, chose file wanted, hit preview and lo and behold it sang to me. It almost brought tears to my eyes.

Again thank you very much for your time and trouble.

This is what I wanted this software for.

I'm happy now.

Grumpy