WnSoft Forums

Powerplant Generator

smithrg

Hi PTE friends, I made a show,of a power plant generator,being transported through our area.

These photos are just snapshots, but I thought that some of you might find this monster interesting.

The show is 12.4 MB in size, and about 3 minutes long.

Best regards, Gayland

PC version

Mac Version

Hello Gayland, Thanks for making the Mac version available too! Your presentation was very interesting and actually a very similar piece of equipment came from France this summer and went to 3 mile Island which is about 45 miles northwest of us. Months were taken to prepare the poles, wires, road and bridges before it could be transported after being ferried on a large barge to Port-Depost, Maryland. I do find some sadness though with the fact that the US has lost so much of our manufacturing ability. Thanks again Bill

I believe MAMMOET lifted the Russian sub off the bottom a few years back

http://www.mammoet.com/

they are real big lifters :)

they had a depot in town but seem to have moved on -- they ramrodded by ship, 2 gas turbines from Louisiana to our city a few years back -- i took a pile of picts -- memories :)

they have been at the cottage since early ver 5 i think -- in demo section

power generation is big stuff - -we had 5 turbines at the plant i worked at till i retired and the company that bought our power plant put 3 more gas turbines in

ken

Hi Antbrewer, the newspaper said there were over 100 wheels on that big rig.

How many wheels were used I wonder?

Hi DavyC, I can't imagine, how you would even get to the wheel to change a flat.

What sort of Jack would you need to change a flat tyre?

Hi BillPC, yes, it's a shame, that all those jobs have gone elsewhere.

I do find some sadness though with the fact that the US has lost so much of our manufacturing ability.

Hi Ken. I believe you are correct.

I believe MAMMOET lifted the Russian sub off the bottom a few years back.

Thanks for taking a look, Gayland.