WnSoft Forums

TOPAZ LABS UNVEILS TOPAZ ADJUST4

mightec

Topaz Labs announces a major upgrade of the Topaz Adjust Photoshop plug-in, which features new presets, a completely redesigned user interface, and upgraded image processing algorithms. With these improvements, Adjust4 offers a new way for photographers to improve their photographs quickly.

Topaz Adjust4 is a free upgrade for existing customers and retails for $49.99. It is compatible with Windows and Intel-based Macs. For more information you can visit the Topaz Adjust homepage at Here.

Topaz Labs announces a major upgrade of the Topaz Adjust Photoshop plug-in, which features new presets, a completely redesigned user interface, and upgraded image processing algorithms. With these improvements, Adjust4 offers a new way for photographers to improve their photographs quickly.

Topaz Adjust4 is a free upgrade for existing customers and retails for $49.99. It is compatible with Windows and Intel-based Macs. For more information you can visit the Topaz Adjust homepage at Here.

Hi mightec,

I’ve been thinking about Topaz Adjust for a little while now. I watched the tutorial on their website and looked through some of the images there. I’m wondering, however, if the image adjustments achieved through this software could be obtained through Photoshop alone. Would a few adjustments using curves, vibrance/saturation, sharpening, and some noise reduction lead to the same result?

I’m currently experimenting with Photomatix and have found that it, along with Photoshop, can deliver results that I cannot achieve with Photoshop alone. Do you know if Topaz Adjust would enhance the results achieved by the combination of Photoshop and Photomatix? Or, is Topaz Adjust simply a more convenient way to get the same results?

Thanks,

Don

Don

I have been using the Topaz plug-in bundle for about 8 months now and think it was money well spent.

The results I am getting may be achievable in Photoshop alone but I could not get them, (it maybe just my ability's in Photoshop), and I think even if I could get the same results the speed and ease of getting the end result with the Topaz interface is one of the big advantages of the plug-in. I would recommend it.

MiKe

Apologys for jumping in and answering a question directed to you.

I was not aware you had a Topaz tutorial on your site, I am off to look at it now, thanks in advance.

Hi Don

Sorry for the delay in responding and John, no problem, this is what a forum is for, the best collective advice.

Topaz Adjust is certainly very convenient and as John mentioned, possible better than the average user could achieve using Photoshop. Can I refer you to Scott Kelley's Photoshop Inside Review, this was based on ADJUST3, and most believe that ADJUST4 is an improvement. Here is the link to the Review. Hope that this helps, if you want to try a download of ADJUST4 and get a 30 day Unlimited Trial Key, then click Here.

The Topaz ADJUST4 base price is $49.99. However, during the promotion period 1st - 15th March you can use a coupon code "newadjust", this will give you a saving of $10 resulting in a purchase price it for $39.99. The same coupon code will also work to save 20% on the Topaz Bundle, or bundle upgrades.

Hi mightec,

Ive been thinking about Topaz Adjust for a little while now. I watched the tutorial on their website and looked through some of the images there. Im wondering, however, if the image adjustments achieved through this software could be obtained through Photoshop alone. Would a few adjustments using curves, vibrance/saturation, sharpening, and some noise reduction lead to the same result?

Im currently experimenting with Photomatix and have found that it, along with Photoshop, can deliver results that I cannot achieve with Photoshop alone. Do you know if Topaz Adjust would enhance the results achieved by the combination of Photoshop and Photomatix? Or, is Topaz Adjust simply a more convenient way to get the same results?

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don

I have sort some further advice on your question and here is the reply.

No, actually - Topaz Adjust's effects can't be achieved by any means in Photoshop. It basically tonemaps the image, but in a pretty specific way. Unless you were to dodge and burn each individual pixel in Photoshop to achieve the same look, there's no way to do it in Photoshop. (Although you can get somewhat close with curves/shadow highlights/vibrance/etc). As for noise reduction, there's simply no way to accomplish the same level of noise reduction in Photoshop as in Topaz Adjust or Topaz DeNoise.

Lots of people like using Topaz Adjust after a Photomatix HDR conversion. Photomatix also contains a tonemapper, although it works differently than the one in Topaz Adjust.

Hope that this is of some help to you in your decision making.

Hi Don

I have sort some further advice on your question and here is the reply.

No, actually - Topaz Adjust's effects can't be achieved by any means in Photoshop. It basically tonemaps the image, but in a pretty specific way. Unless you were to dodge and burn each individual pixel in Photoshop to achieve the same look, there's no way to do it in Photoshop. (Although you can get somewhat close with curves/shadow highlights/vibrance/etc). As for noise reduction, there's simply no way to accomplish the same level of noise reduction in Photoshop as in Topaz Adjust or Topaz DeNoise.

Lots of people like using Topaz Adjust after a Photomatix HDR conversion. Photomatix also contains a tonemapper, although it works differently than the one in Topaz Adjust.

Hope that this is of some help to you in your decision making.

mightec,

Thanks for the information. It sounds like it is worth taking them up on their trial period offer and experimenting a bit.

Don