WnSoft Forums

Video Clip In PTE

Eire

Hello Everybody

I have just registered and this is my first post.

Is it possible to show a short video clip in a slide.

Many thanks in advance.

Eire:

Welcome to PTE

The short answer to your question is "NO". But the developers have it in their plans for an upcoming release. No dates yet

Hi All,

I have been looking at the way in which PTE has been developing within the past 2 years and its quite evident

the Program is heading in the direction of 'Video Presentation' on all types of utilities such as Television and

H264,Mpeg4,FlashSwf,Flash Flv including TV 'look-alike' presentations on HD-Screens.

The question asked regularily ..."Can I run a Video-Clip from within PTE" ? and the response is:-

probably and we are working on it !! ~ that's a fair comment.

Surely it would make much more sense if the question was:- "Can we run PTE from within a Video Clip"?...

To my thinking that would offer untold possibilities for the 'PTE Video Experts' and those who would wish to promote

personal 'Web Sites' and there are many of such on this Forum. It would offer a simple system for the vast majority

of Members whereby they could create a simple Flash-Video incorporating a Pte-Show and send that to realatives or

even post it on to various Hosting-Sites. (Flash-Video is now a World-Standard presentation system)

This would achieve 3 important goals,viz:-

(1) Preserve the de-facto product,ie:- PTE-Slideshows as a genuine Slide-Show Program.

(2) Unlimited possibilities to those who want to demonstarate PTE as a Video presentation.

(3) Free-up the PTE-Development Program and let it develop as the designers intended.

Surely in this day and age with hundreds of (Freeware) Flash Video-Programs out there it must be possible for some

of our Software-Members to get together and write a Flash-Program capable of showing a PTE-Presentation within it ??

Sure,yes - the Images will have to be size-reduced to fit The Flash-Format, so what ? - modern Flash is very good and

Bulk-Resizers litter the Internet as do AVI-Makers.

Just an original thought ??...

Brian (Conflow)