WnSoft Forums

Fix sound operation

alrobin

Igor,

I am in the process of putting together a basic PTE tutorial which I hope to upload soon (after you get a chance to look it over), and I have encountered a small problem which, if fixed, would greatly enhance one's flexibility in creating non-synched tutorial-type shows. I'm posting it here in order to obtain feedback from the Forum members.

I am using all three means of adding sound and narration: Project options, Customize slide, and Sound (on main window). I started out by adding my narration via the "Customize slide / Music" tab, but then decided to have soft background music playing throughout the presentation. So, in order not to cut off the background music at the appearance of the first narrative slide, I switched the narration to "Sound" at the bottom of the main window.

However, (and here is the problem), in "Sound", there is no easy capability for having the narrative spread over more than one slide as there is when using "Customize slide". The sound cuts off as soon as the next slide appears. This could be fixed very easily: by having the narration continue until the next slide with a file listed in "Sound" occurs.

When creating a tutorial type show this feature would add greatly to the ability to demonstrate the effect of various actions without having to break up the narrative into short jerky segments. :)