WnSoft Forums

Adding Music

claire

Hi,

I'm new to this forum.... :D

I've been using P2E for the past 4 months and although I've successfully added music, I want to be able to sync it to the appropriate slide/image????

To give an example....

I'm currently putting together a show for a couple who's wedding we did, we stayed all through the first dance. They had a singer who has agreed to produce, exclusively to us, copyright free music - and will include this couple's first dance which he sang B) !!

Now the first dance sequence looks fantastic BUT would be even better if the song started when the first slide in the sequence starts???!!!!

How do I do this....?

I've been playing with it but I just don't understand how I do it.....!

Can anyone help me.....please....??

Cheers

Hi, Claire,

Welcome again! B)

To control the music without setting up the synchronization timeline (which is the most effective way to control slide/music sync, but a little more work), simply highlight the slide on which you want to start, click on "Customize Slide", and move to the "Music" tab. Check "Play new background music" and click on "Add". Select the piece you want (preferrably an Mp3 or Ogg file, but it could be a wave or MIDI file, etc.), and click "Open". Presto, whenever this slide is activated, the music will begin to play, and continue until either cut off by another slide with "Play new background music" checked, or at the end of the selection, if you have enough slides to last that long. You can also elect to have music repeat over and over (in the Project Menu).

Good luck with PTE! :)

Hi Claire,

Welcome aboard. As Al says, the syncronization takes a little more work, but if you combine the entire sound track into one sound file, (search for music editors on this forum), you dont run the risc if a delay as the programme goes off to find both a new music file, and a new slide at the same time. Also if the section ends before the music the music will cut sharply when the next piece of music is requested. With the single music file and the syncronize option you can set your fades and transitions to key points in the soundtrack. i.e. fade to black as the music fades, or to burst on to the screen as music peaks. With a commentry sound track you can deliver the slides as the comentry needs them.

Good luck,

Alan

Claire,

Just to prove that two heads are better than one, I'll add one other note to Alan's good advice. If you do want commentary along with your music, be sure to add it on the line opposite "Sound" at the bottom right of the main window. This way it will play along with the background music without cutting it off and you can have your cake and eat it too. B)

Gee Al, I had to crawl first :D

But once I crawled, then walked, PTE is a piece of cake (until I try something new, then back to crawlling ;) )

Just make sure you don't grovel!! :D

Wow! How many philosophers in this forum!

To add my little contribution, I can report the Sphinx's enigma to Oedipus: "What is that animal which walks on four legs in the morning, on two in the afternoon and on three in the evening?"... :)

Guru, do you really want the answer ? I'm not sure... :rolleyes:

Well, then, it is you, or me, or anybody on this forum or elsewhere... as long as they are supposed to be human beings... in the three main stages of life (baby on four 'legs', adult on two legs, old person on two legs plus a walking stick)

What did I win ? - don't tell me free download of PTE v4.14 ! :wacko: