WnSoft Forums

Sony - Sound Forge Audio Studio

JEB

Hi,

This program has been brought to my attention by a friend. It has been recommended to him as a superior and inexpensive option to Audacity. Personally I am very happy with Audacity but I would be interested in any opinions on this product.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Jeb

There was a free trial disc with my Zoom microphone, had a quick look at it but preferred Audacity especially when I found out the cost.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

• 3 months later...

John,

Have you asked yourself: What, that I really want to do, can I not do with Audacity? If Audacity does all that you want it to, why look to change?

"Product hopping" is, in my opinion, rarely a good practice. It tends to mean that the user never gets properly "comfortable" with each product. Only when a user is totally comfortable with a product can he or she then concentrate on the creative and technical mastery of the audio-visual medium. Until that point has been reached they will, inevitably, be concentrating on learning the product rather than using the product almost instinctively within the overall A-V workflow.

regards,

Peter