WnSoft Forums

Adding Unique Comments to a Slide

joe smith

Hi everyone. I just upgraded to Version 6.0 on windows 7 from version 4.48. I am using the Trial version as I am waiting for my Key.

I cannot figure out how to add unique comments to each slide like I did in version 4.48. When I go to the next slide and enter the comment I want for just that slide, it changes the comments already entered on the previous slides. I looked at the Help PDF file but did not find any help there. Any guidance for me?

Joe Texan

Joe,

Select the slide, go into Objects & Animation window and then Add Text using the relevant icon at top left.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, I tried to do what you just posted, but ended up with the word Text in the image, and not the phrase that I typed in. The phrase got typed in to the Comments section of the Comments Tab in Project Options. That is what came up when I started typing in the box.

What I had done previously was to type in the info in the Comment block above the image. This is where Objects and Animation box appears below the image. That seemed to work, but the info typed in never got saved. I have Pictures to EXE 6.0.4 unregistered version. I still have no Key.

Joe

Welcome to PTE v6.x.

Just tested and this works -- Select the slide in the slide line across the bottom of the screen that you wish to add the comment to then use the comment field above left of the preview window to add your comment and if you need to edit it, (change text size, colour, position and so on), go to the O&A screen.

The comments tab in project options sets the default for the project on the comments field.

If this fails to work I can only suggest you try again when you get the key.

Hi Joe,

Before you get any more confused; there are several ways to enter text in PTE. The way Peter suggested has absolutely "nothing" to do with the Comments section or the Comments Tab in Project Options.

First: If you do it like Peter suggested, the word "Text" will always appear as a default "until" click on the Properties Tab in Objects and Animations and change the word "Text" to whatever you wish to write. You can also change the font, color, drop shadow, etc. at the same time.

Second: If you want to use the Comments feature in Project Options you have the "option" of having the identical comment appear on each slide by clicking on the "Set for Existing Slides" button. Doing this will place the same comment on every slide which is not what you apparently want to do.

Third: On the Main Slide List (not in the Objects and Animations screen) at the top of your screen, you can type in a comment which will appear on the currently selected slide.

The big advantage of doing it as Peter suggested is that you have complete control over where, when and how the text appears. You can use keyframing to make it scroll horizontally, vertically, etc.; you can rotate it, use 3D transforms, make it zoom, pan, and even appear and or disappear anywhere you wish.

I would strongly suggest you read the "Unofficial User Guide" which can be downloaded from the link below. It was written for version 5 of PTE but the section on "text" is quite applicable. Also visit the Tutorials and Articles section of the forum where there are numerous AVI tutorials to help you with various features.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7202

Best regards.

:om

Hi Peter, I tried to do what you just posted, but ended up with the word Text in the image, and not the phrase that I typed in. The phrase got typed in to the Comments section of the Comments Tab in Project Options. That is what came up when I started typing in the box.

What I had done previously was to type in the info in the Comment block above the image. This is where Objects and Animation box appears below the image. That seemed to work, but the info typed in never got saved. I have Pictures to EXE 6.0.4 unregistered version. I still have no Key.

Hi Joe,

Before you get any more confused; there are several ways to enter text in PTE. The way Peter suggested has absolutely "nothing" to do with the Comments section or the Comments Tab in Project Options.

First: If you do it like Peter suggested, the word "Text" will always appear as a default "until" click on the Properties Tab in Objects and Animations and change the word "Text" to whatever you wish to write. You can also change the font, color, drop shadow, etc. at the same time.

Second: If you want to use the Comments feature in Project Options you have the "option" of having the identical comment appear on each slide by clicking on the "Set for Existing Slides" button. Doing this will place the same comment on every slide which is not what you apparently want to do.

Third: On the Main Slide List (not in the Objects and Animations screen) at the top of your screen, you can type in a comment which will appear on the currently selected slide.

The big advantage of doing it as Peter suggested is that you have complete control over where, when and how the text appears. You can use keyframing to make it scroll horizontally, vertically, etc.; you can rotate it, use 3D transforms, make it zoom, pan, and even appear and or disappear anywhere you wish.

I would strongly suggest you read the "Unofficial User Guide" which can be downloaded from the link below. It was written for version 5 of PTE but the section on "text" is quite applicable. Also visit the Tutorials and Articles section of the forum where there are numerous AVI tutorials to help you with various features.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7202

Best regards.

:om

Lin and John, thanks for the great info. I followed John's instructions and got my comments to work. I believe it is the same approach as item three Lin suggested. I was able to move the image titles around on the slides as John suggested In Objects and Animation.

I have downloaded the ver 5.0 PTE Users Guide and have started to go through it focusing on how to change fonts, colors, etc for titles on each slides and all of the other features I have never seen before. I is all a bit much to absorb right now.

Joe Smith