WnSoft Forums

SWALEDALE - new slideshow

SWALEDALE - along with Arkengarthdale the most northerly in the Yorkshire Dales National Park in the north of England. Swaledale is famous for its drystone walls and dozens of field barns, which are littered all along the valley, also - in the summer months - for its superb flower meadows. Man has left his mark on Swaledale, its hillsides and moorland heavily scarred with hushes, levels, etc, all reminders of its lead-mining history. Two long-distance footpaths meet here - The Coast to Coast and The Pennine Way. These photographs were taken mainly between the villages of Keld and Muker.

Can be downloaded at www.beechbrook.com/pte Grateful thanks to Bill, as usual.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Another great show and you have a great eye for finding the shots, how do you find the time to get so many great images?. I am originally from the north west of England and always loved this area and your shows bring back many happy memories.

Well done as usual.

Rick

Hi Maureen,

Another great show and you have a great eye for finding the shots, how do you find the time to get so many great images?. I am originally from the north west of England and always loved this area and your shows bring back many happy memories.

Well done as usual.

Rick

Thanks, Rick. I'm retired so when the weather's good I'm out and about.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Another inspirational show demonstrating how lucky we are to have such wonderful countryside in these Islands. A great choice of music also, which I beleive you took some time to source - well worth the effort. Inspired, I am off with my camera today.

Mickp.

Outstanding photography, and a wonderful presentation as always. You keep the bar raised quite high Maureen! Your images make me want to pack my bags right now and head back across the pond. smile.gif Thank you for sharing and please keep them coming !!

Regards,

Bill

What a truly relaxing experience! It was so interesting to see so much stone used in the buildings and fences. Then your images clearly show the lack of trees in the landscape! I guess you use the material nature presents you! Thank you so much for the travelogues. we look forward to your next trip! Another place we want to visit after we come back from the Pyrenees... :lol:

Dick

Maureen

Another wonderful AV about a part of the world I have never seen. I second all the above positive comments.

You certainly have a great skill with the camera and assemble an impressive AV.

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments which are much appreciated. The Yorkshire Dales is a wonderful area and I would recommend it to anyone. I must have walked 1000s of miles there over the years.

Bill - I hope you will soon be able to sort things out to enable you and your wife to get away.

Mick - Hope you had a good day yesterday out photographing and that the weather was kind. Not long to wait now before you will be up here.

Rick, Andrew,Dick and John - grateful thanks for taking the trouble to comment. It's always good to know that you have enjoyed the show. I apologise if I have left anyone out.

Maureen

Maureen,

Blah,Blah,Blah

Pretty much all that has been said, except I could not wait for this AV to end.

It just went on and on and on.A field here,a wall there,a field here,a pub.

C'mon Maureen 'I said to myself' just get to the end.

It's just I wanted to find out what the music was on the end title :lol:

I did watch it properly again,so blah,blah,blah,brilliant.

Another one for the Sunday market.

Well done,

Davy

Maureen,

Blah,Blah,Blah

Pretty much all that has been said, except I could not wait for this AV to end.

It just went on and on and on.A field here,a wall there,a field here,a pub.

C'mon Maureen 'I said to myself' just get to the end.

It's just I wanted to find out what the music was on the end title :lol:

I did watch it properly again,so blah,blah,blah,brilliant.

Another one for the Sunday market.

Well done,

Davy

So by the time you'd worn yourself out, walking through all those fields, climbed over the many walls,had a pint or two of 'Old Peculier' and had a shout at me, DID YOU ENJOY THE MUSIC or did you not? (The Balcony Scene from Romeo and Juliet by Craig Armstrong).

M

Hi Maureen, I ventured out to the Camera Club and showed your AV. Feedback has been sent by message. I happy to post it here, but only with your permission.

Hi Mark - Thanks for your personal message which I have just read. I have no objection to you posting it here; after all, this is what the Forum is about.

Regarding the 'digital greens' - I did wonder about this. The ones I think to which you refer were taken on a very bright Spring morning when certainly the colours, particularly the grass, did appear to me to be quite vivid. I have saturation, contrast, etc, switched off in-camera as a RAW shooter, and am not a great one for the saturation slider in Photoshop. However, having revisited one or two of the slides maybe I have increased the contrast a bit too much for some. All a matter of personal taste and not least, how you remember the scene when you get back home and visit your RAW files.

It was interesting to hear what your members thought about three music clips - food for thought for future a/vs. However, I did feel that the piece of music I used fitted what I was trying to create.

Thanks for this feedback, Mark. I am very grateful as it's always useful to get other people's 'take' on what we create. It would be good if we had more interest in a/v at the Club of which I am a member. That way, we can all learn and improve more.

Good to hear you are back at the Club.

All the best and thanks again.

Maureen