WnSoft Forums

PTE universal solver.

moritz

Excuse my english.

I think there's a lot of lazy that want to use PicturesToExe for all things , and that the program must solve all his problems. For example, there are many specific programs for get a good solution to the sound problems raised here. Just only, it is search the Net.

In few days Igor will be asked to prepare a couple of pizzas with PicturesToExe

I hope that nobody feels alluded.

Moritz.

I TOLD YOU SO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yachtsman1

What did you tell, and to whom did you tell it? :)

Isn't is ridiculous to start the same discussion again and again. So let us recommend Moritz to search this forum. I'm sick and tired to explain the same things again and again :wacko:

Regards,

Xaver

Make mine with chili please. tongue.gif

I'm sick and tired to explain the same things again and again wacko.gif

Indeed Xaver there is none so deaf as those that do not listen or see reason. rolleyes.gif

Can we move on please!!!

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Moritz

The "I told you so" wasn't intended for you, it was for long time advocates of adding sound manipulation to PTE, where I predicted that their needs would grow like topsy and never be satisfied until PTE had all the atributes of Audacity, and making pizzas, which I don't believe is possible.

Yachtsman1. ;)

Excuse my english.

I think there's a lot of lazy that want to use PicturesToExe for all things , and that the program must solve all his problems. For example, there are many specific programs for get a good solution to the sound problems raised here. Just only, it is search the Net.

I hope that nobody feels alluded.

Moritz.

Here's one person that agrees with you, Moritz. I have been concerned for some time that requests for this and that feature to be added to PTE come up frequently, and generally they want additions that are not, shall we say, central or 'core' to the function of PTE. Sound editing is the prime example; despite several very good sound editor programs being available - Audacity; or Audition, its big brother; Goldwave, and others, Igor is being pressured to re-invent the wheel by including sound editing capability. What will that achieve that sound editors can't? What it does achieve is ever increasing complexity, making PTE more complicated than necessary. What also distresses me is the comparison sometimes made with high-end programs like Pinnacle or Wings which have sound processing - but at about ten times or more the price of PTE. This is like buying a corporate jet aircraft and then wanting it to be an Airbus 380.

I guess my popularity meter will read a bit lower after this, but it's what I believe.

Regards to all,

Colin

....some should be to reflect on what is necessary and essential to PicturesToExe

I totally agree. PTE is an Audio & Image -AV- program which should allow the user to assemble images and audio files with equal tools. In previous versions the image tools have been developed and are excellent but the audio was lacking. Igor has begun the process of addressing this imbalance in v6.5 thus continuing to develop and improve PTE.

Can we move on please!!!

Yes why are we revisiting a debate that was had long ago or are we living in the past. The world has moved on and we should to.

Well done Igor and keep up the good work.

Hi,

I think I understand the concerns being expressed by some regarding the development of PTE beyond its traditional base. However I'm sure we can all think of numerous products in all sorts of fields that failed to develop and no longer exist. I don't think we could forgive ourselves if we encouraged that to happen with PTE. Let's not forget that we are in a unique position to influence the evolution of this superb product and ALL views are valid and I'm sure appreciated by Igor and his team.

We must not bury our heads in the sand and yearn for the past but embrace the future and participate in its development. I know that we can all recall the reticence of many towards digital photography and perhaps some of us shared these views at some stage, but the fact that we are participating in this debate surely proves that we are capable of accepting change.

More specifically we should remember that, as I recall, Igor never made a claim that he would provide an audio facility that would replace the likes of Audacity but a tool that would make the synchronization of images and audio more user friendly. From what I can see from playing with it he has achieved that to a large degree. Yes, a few enhancements may provide additional improvements but surely that in part is what the beta process is all about. Perhaps some day it will evolve further to the point where the likes of Audacity plays a lesser or no part in our work process.

I am sure that few will disagree that the PTE developments in recent years have restricted those that don't want to use them from staying with their “traditional” methods.

Personally, for various reasons, I am not excited about the provision of a video facility. However, if I can some day justify the upgrade to a Canon 7D I may just take a different view!

Regards

John

Hi,

I think I understand the concerns being expressed by some regarding the development of PTE beyond its traditional base.

Regards

John

Well said, John. Thank you for taking the time to express a balanced view so very clearly and nicely. I support your thoughts.

Ken T. (aplman)