WnSoft Forums

Rolling credits

Mike Reed

It is driving me mad. I have an image which is 1024x3840. The height is so that I can have rolling credits as in the cinema. I always thought it was done by using the push from bottom command but however I try it will not work the way I want it to. If I put the slide into the time line and use the push command it does work but because of the narrow width of the slide I am using the objects and animation window to stretch the width of the slide to fill the full screen and then trying to use the movement (pan) option to make the slide appear to rise from the bottom. Just cannot do it any help will be much appreciated.

\

Mike R

Hi Mike,

That's not the way to do it.

Just type in the information you want in the order you want it to appear as text. You can choose to scroll upward or downward so place the text accordingly. Just right click on the mouse from the Objects and Animations screen and from the drop-down menu choose "Text."

You will end up with a "block of text" which you can move like any object any where on or off the screen. Let's say you want to scroll the text from the top to the bottom and off the screen.

At the first keyframe just drag the text block object up and off of the viewable area of the screen. In Objects and Animations, if you can't see the area beyond the visible portion of the screen, click on the default "Auto" (next to the Close button) and choose something like 10%. You can then simply drag your text block with the first keyframe highlighted up and off the screen. Create another keyframe further along the timeline and drag the text to a position "below" the viewable area. The text will then scroll from top to bottom during the time between keyframes.

To make it scroll more slowly, increase the time between keyframes. You will need to provide sufficient time on the display time for your slide to handle the scroll, or better yet create a blank slide and set the display time as long as needed for a decent rate of scroll.

I would suggest going to the Tutorials section of the forum and downloading and watching my #15 AVI on basic text handling. If you haven't watched these, it might not hurt to download and watch them all (PTE Made Easy - PTE for Smarties). There are over twenty AVI tutorials in this section.

Here's a sample for you to look at. Open this with version 6.5 beta 3 and pay particular attention to the Objects and Animations screen.....

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/sample/scrolltext.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin

One would think by now that simple things like that should come naturally but at gone 11pm after starting at 8pm I was tearing my hair out.

Mike

Guest Yachtsman1

Mike, I'm not trying to steal Lin's thunder but there is an easier way, type your credits in the text box at the top of the screen, click the O&A tab, click the text, it should now have a bounding box around it? Drag the text to the size you want, (usually larger for credits). now drag the text bounding box just off the the bottom of the viewing area. Now at the bottom right of the O&A screen, there are plus & minus buttons, click plus, now drag your text box until it disappears of the top of the screen, now click the minus sign at the bottom of the screen. Finally, click the customise slide button at the bottom of the O&A screen and set the time to a suitable length so the text doesn't gallop up the screen.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. ;)

Hi Yachtsman1,

What an efficient way to do it! Thanks very much!

While we are talking text, is there a way to change the default font and font color in the text tool in O&A?

I had to add names to a whole batch of slides last week, and wanted to use a different font and color, and I had to change font and color every time when I moved to the next slide...

Dick

...is there a way to change the default font and font color in the text tool in O&A?

Hi Dick,

Not at present there isn't. But Igor recently canvassed opinions on text and other defaults, so it's definitely on his radar. But for v6.5...? who can say, we'll just have to wait.

I had to add names to a whole batch of slides last week, and wanted to use a different font and color, and I had to change font and color every time when I moved to the next slide...

Try this method:

- use O&A to place your first text object

- set this first text's content,position, font, size and colour to suit your requirements

- copy this text object to the clipboard

- advance to the next slide that needs text

- paste the text from the clipboard

- change contents and position (size, too, if needed)

- advance to next slide and repeat until done.

regards,

Peter

Hi Dick,

Not at present there isn't. But Igor recently canvassed opinions on text and other defaults, so it's definitely on his radar. But for v6.5...? who can say, we'll just have to wait.

Try this method:

- use O&A to place your first text object

- set this first text's content,position, font, size and colour to suit your requirements

- copy this text object to the clipboard

- advance to the next slide that needs text

- paste the text from the clipboard

- change contents and position (size, too, if needed)

- advance to next slide and repeat until done.

regards,

Peter

Darn there are some clever folks in this forum! That will do the trick! Thanks very much Peter!

Dick