WnSoft Forums

Waveform won't display with more than one track?

uuderzo

Hi all!

I'm trying beta4 and the new "multiple track" functionality in detail.

I see that adding more than one track prevents the waveform to be displayed... is it wanted?

Another question: i see that the timing and crossfading is set at audio file level, not at track level.

The only track parameter i see is the name.

So... what's the purpose of subdividing files between tracks?

Thanks... Umberto

I can't reproduce this issue with waveform. Please send me a test project with these two audio files to illustrate the problem.

Sorry, I'm not sure about your second question. Tracks intended to play simultaneously two or more audio clips.

Hello Igor...

That issue looks like it's not deterministic... I tried many times and now i'm no more able to reproduce it. If i manage to find a deterministic procedure, i'll write it down here.

About the second question... please forget it. I was looking at the track/music concept from the wrong eye point. Now i fully understand it... wonder about a graphical interactive representation on the waveform panel (with the volume envelope functionality that will be really useful to lower music volume when the vocal comment comes in)...

Anyway... I noticed that if you have a project open with a visible waveform and you choose File/New, then the waveform is still visible. It looks like simply a graphical glitch because closing and opening the waveform panel brings to a correct visualization.

Greetings! Umberto

Umberto,

That issue looks like it's not deterministic... I tried many times and now i'm no more able to reproduce it. If i manage to find a deterministic procedure, i'll write it down here.
OK, I'll wait.
I noticed that if you have a project open with a visible waveform and you choose File/New, then the waveform is still visible.
You're right. I'll fix it in the Beta 6. Thank you!