WnSoft Forums

Office Software

I have need of a basic word processor and simple spreadsheet and I am considering Open office. I have heard of this "FREE" option before and always wondered about it.

http://www.openoffice.us.com/openoffice/free-open-office-writer-download.php?brand=openoffice.us&s=google&country=INT&c=openoffice.us_writer_alotpf_pg&k={keywords}&pk=1549-4

Does anyone here use it or have used it and can give a bit of feedback and experiences please ?

I have need of a basic word processor and simple spreadsheet and I am considering Open office. I have heard of this "FREE" option before and always wondered about it.

http://www.openoffice.us.com/openoffice/free-open-office-writer-download.php?brand=openoffice.us&s=google&country=INT&c=openoffice.us_writer_alotpf_pg&k={keywords}&pk=1549-4

Does anyone here use it or have used it and can give a bit of feedback and experiences please ?

Ive tried it. Its almost as good as the real thing. Its free so give it a try and see if you like it. if you only need something basic it will probably be fine.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Barry

OOO is almost identical to MS Office, one of my Silver Surfer pupils uses it so I got a copy. The only problem I've had with it is when sending an email attachment in Writer, which is the OOO version of Word, the recipient can't open the Writer attachment if they haven't got OOO, the way around that is to save the Writer doc as an MS Word doc.

Incidentally I'm still using Office 97 on my W7 Professional 64bit machine. Only problem it doesn't like Outlook.

Couple of examples of OOO Writer & Calc (Exel) below.

regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS I believe certain local authorities & schools use it here as it cuts out the costs of multiple licences with MS.

post-5560-029265600 1278654842_thumb.jpg

post-5560-040828600 1278654940_thumb.jpg

I have downloaded and installed in on a Windows 7 64 bit machine and it all seems to be working fine. I created a test doc and sent it to another PC running MS word and it read the Open Office Document just as it was.

I think I will live with it for a while and see how it goes, but first impreseeions are that it will do all I ever want

Thanks for the feedback