WnSoft Forums

Rotating background

Would it be useful to be able to select a picture or design for the background to the whole project via Project Options/Background and have it rotate clockwise or counterclockwise at a user-selected speed? I am thinking of people who need to use small pictures and/or collages and/or portrait format pictures.

David P

Well, Peter, I happened to notice (recently) that sometimes on TV if a still image was being shown, there was a gently moving shape in the background. Not only did I not find it distracting, but was rather attracted by the idea as it seemed to bring an otherwise static screen to life a bit. So, as a slowly revolving image is probably the closest that P2E can get to a moving shape with a minimum of effort I wondered if it could be offered as an option.

Mind you, just because it's used on TV doesn't necessarily mean its a good thing and P2E does offer other alternatives to having a static screen through the already available animation functions.

Best wishes,

David

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

I think your statement "why" is a bit pot calling the kettle, aka Rubiks Cube, if thats what the guy wants, why not. His first hueeeeey viewer will tell him why.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1 ;)

over the years wedding photographers have aske for various things to prevent copying - something to think about would be to put a tiled background stating your company name etc on the initial proofing disc - then when you got the money, make a disc with no tiled image!

ken

Eric,

I don't think a rotating background would work with a widescreen presentation.

Yachtsman1

You are quite correct. Not matter if its rotating or fixed .... it wont fill the screen completely and you will still have black borders of some type depending on the format. Backgrounds will fill the frame of the picture ... not the full widescreen outside the frame (black border area ).

Dave,

Come on guys - think outside the box!

Its possible I totally misunderstood Eric's post and you have misunderstood mine.

PTE is not capable to display any images (fixed, rotating, etc) beyond the Background Image/Background Color frame area. The only option available to use which controls this frame area is the Screen | Additional Options - Color Outside Area.

The user is not going to be able to fill the full screen display of a Widescreen TV with any type of image. Of course everything is respective and relative to format and ratios.

When David P mentions this for TV display ... I take this as DVD for TV.

When David P mentions this for TV display ... I take this as DVD for TV.

I have seen this slow-moving effect used in a TV program and thought a basic rotation version could perhaps be incorporated in P2E for any end-use. I only use the .exe option but I would like the background rotation as an option. I have, for example, made a family slide show from scanned photographs; some don't enlarge too well, many are potrait format and there are some collages with spaces between the pictures. Although I added some static backgrounds to the slides I feel it would enhance the show and give it some cohesion if there was the same animated (abstract) background to each slide.

The option would need at least two parameters: 1) Option to scale the picture so that it could be rotated without seeing the edges, and 2) a plus or minus number to indicate the speed of rotation (negative for counter-clockwise) - perhaps on the scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being VERY slow and 100 being slow.

Cheers,

David P

Guest Yachtsman1

This is getting out of hand. Here is my take on this, 1st member thinks he would like a rotating background, 2nd member asks why, third member say why not if 1st member wants to be sick, then it gets into a widescreen argument.

Soooooooooooooooo, I've created my own. I'm no animation expert, in fact nowadays I only use it when I have to.

Mechanics. 4.12mb, 1.5m approx, 10 slides (background) created in Elements, 10 slides of differing subjects taken at random. I set the screen at 16-9, cropped the subject slides to square format. I haven't tried to be accurate in positioning the subject slides, I stretched the background slides by around 150% so the edges didn't show when rotating. I put a piece of music in so you can close your eyes & listen instead. ;) Mediafire download http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=33241924d53710469c9961bdb4b9d5a6e392ff33a98b40e6b6c9c85168a8cfa61932a364674c3daefc9b8035af19cc86

Yachtsman1

Here is a very short example of what I had in mind.

The slides are longer than I would normally use so as to give a better impression of the background rotation. As you can see, it is possible to achieve the effect using available features, but I believe it would be a lot easier to be able to set up the rotating background in one go to last for the duration of the show.

Download here.

David P