WnSoft Forums

Continuous loop video

fh1805

I know that I can create an EXE file to run as a continuous loop. Is it possible to create a video stream that will run as a continuous loop? If so, can it be done with PTE? If so, how?

regards,

Peter (PTE expert - video dummy!)

Hi Peter

I've tried to put video (just video) on PTE.

On Project option : time interval for new slide : 40 ms

All my pictures are in one repertory, and after having selected all of them, I've put all these pictures in PTE.

All it needs is that your pictures are light enough for your computer for a good fluidity.

In fact those pictures came from YouTube : so they were of 23 ko each, and small in dimension (384x288 pixels).

My purpose was not to have a continous loop, but to examine picture by picture (if necessary) the video (perhaps other softwares are able to do that : I don't know). Remember PTE could have 20000 views : at the rate of 25 fps it means more than 13 minutes. After that you can put it in loop.

Of course the virtual size of slides is to be small…

(I'm not able to do - easily - a window on the slide to put the video inside. In that case, I think you have to put 25 pictures on each view).

Does it help you ?

Jean-Cyprien,

Mon ami, I think you have misunderstood. I do not want to include a video stream within a PTE EXE file. I want to create a continuous loop video from an entire PTE project (i.e. Create HD Video for PC and Mac or Create DVD-Video but with the video looping when it gets to the end).

regards,

Peter

PETER

can you set the show to run continuously

project options/main/repeat until esc is pressed

make you exe

see how it behaves

then make your mp4 and see what it does

put it up on mediafire where the limitation is 100mb

and let us test it

ken

Peter,

Since a Video file needs a external player for playback ... the loop or repeat function is usually controlled by the player settings.

Some players allow string commands to loop the video file ...either thru a batch file command or by adding additional commands to the file string within a shortcut of the file.

These commandlines are prescribed by the player if it allows such command functions. Not all players accept commandline parameters ... you will have to read the player documentation for available commandline support.

Some video encoders can implement loop or repeat function during the encoding/recoding process depending on the type of video file. Maybe MP4 files can have such function also ... I just dont know at this time.