WnSoft Forums

Allow the arrow keys to do a "Next" in O&A

goddi

Greetings,

It would be very helpful if the numeric keypad's arrow keys (#4 and #6) could be made to do the "Next" and "Previous" function in the O&A window.

The Tab key already allows you to jump from item to item in the O&A menus. To give the arrow keys the ability to do the "Next/Previous" would make it less tedious to do a repetitive selecting an item in the O&A menu. You can have one hand on keypad to do the "Next/Previous" and the other hand on the mouse to click on the menu choice.

Thanks... Gary

Greetings,

It would be very helpful if the numeric keypad's arrow keys (#4 and #6) could be made to do the "Next" and "Previous" function in the O&A window.

The Tab key already allows you to jump from item to item in the O&A menus. To give the arrow keys the ability to do the "Next/Previous" would make it less tedious to do a repetitive selecting an item in the O&A menu. You can have one hand on keypad to do the "Next/Previous" and the other hand on the mouse to click on the menu choice.

Thanks... Gary

Gary

If you mean jump from one object to the next this already happens once you have selected the first. It works with the arrow keys on a desktop keyboard and the number pad if you switch the Num Lock off.

Alan

Gary,

Im not quite exactly clear on your needs for the "Next" and "Previous" function in the O&A window

-Are you wanting to go to the "Next" and "Previous" slide ?

Use F11 and F12 keys

-Are you wanting to go to the "Next" and "Previous" object in the object list ?

Select an object (make sure its highlighted) ... use Up/Down Arrow keys or NumPad Up/Down Arrow keys.

-Are you wanting to go to the "Next" and "Previous" tab ?

Select a tab (make sure its highlighted) ... use Left/Right Arrow keys or NumPad Left/Right Arrow keys.

* PTE pretty much uses the normal Windows navigation keys to move about the GUI program window. Specific PTE key functions can be found in the HotKeys section of the Users Guide.

Gary,

Im not quite exactly clear on your needs for the "Next" and "Previous" function in the O&A window.....

-Are you wanting to go to the "Next" and "Previous" slide ?

Use F11 and F12 keys

=================

nobeefstu,

I figured it out just before I read your email. I did not see the F11/F12 text in the mouseover. :blink: I thought using the keyboard arrow keys were more intuitive. But thanks for the quick reply.

Always something new to learn in PTE!

Gary

PS I tried to delete my previous duplicate posting but it won't allow me to do it.