WnSoft Forums

New Zealand

Almark

I am giving a talk to the Bangor branch of the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA) this Thursday. The subject is New Zealand and I have over 800 photos available to show. The talk is for one hour 30 mins., Most of the photos will only be shown for a second or so, while others will have story to tell. But I prepared an AVof the best photos, and wonder whether I should show it at the beginning of the talk - to set the scene - or at the end?

What do you think, beginning or end, or both?

All advice is most welcome.

http://www.markallenphotography.co.uk/markallenphotography_galleries/nz.exe

Hi, Mark,

I would put it at the start, the excellent show will certainly grab the attention. Not wishing to decry your lecturing skills, there may be other distractions as the end of an hour and half, ie the loo or the bar.

Oops Just seen that you listed the duration, but I watched the show again anyway. Definately put it at the start, then give your talk and if you have captivated them enough end on a different slide show, just for entertainment value. The audience will appreciate that.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The AV is only 4 mins long, so I will use this as my introduction. Thanks Barry for the tip about another one at the end, I will have to think about this. Maybe thanking them for their attention and maybe they might want to invite me back to talk about Yellowstone in Winter.

BTW this is not a commercial venture, I do these talks for free.