WnSoft Forums

My Slideshow

Rooskidiver

I have uploaded a slideshow to Beechbrook Cottage and just wanted to explain some things about the show. First, I could not have made it without Oleg's help. He has posted some wonderful shows at Beechbrook Cottage and we have been corresponding by email. I have been unable to reach him for several days :( and want to thank him here for all his help. This show contains a series of photos that I took of a bloom on a plant that I have had for about ten years. It blooms every spring and fall and is beautiful when the bloom process is completed which takes about three weeks.

I know flowers won't appeal to a lot of folks but in place of a variety of different pictures I used different filters, backgrounds, and techniques that I have learned, mainly from Oleg. All slides were made in PhotoShop 7.0. The music was compressed using the technique that I learned from Oleg's wonderful slideshow. Without his help this show would probably have been three times as big.

I hope you all enjoy my first public PTE slideshow. PTE is the best computer program that I ever purchased! Thank you to Oleg, a patient and great teacher! ;)

Carol

Carol

I enjoyed the sequence very much indeed. It demonstrated the wonderful tools that are available to us with Photoshop in a sympathetic way. I viewed it before reading your intro here and, before your end titles, wondered if it was the work of Barry Beckham. Thank you and Oleg.

Ron [uK]

Carol:

Nice show, nice shots, nice PhotoShop work !

A couple of questions:

1. What screen setting did you use under PROJECT OPTIONS ?

2. What software did you use to make the frames ? Was it PS7.0 ?

Thx

(PS: I also posted this in the PTE Presentatioins forum)

Hi Carol - Beautiful! That is the production and the plant. What is the plant by the way?

Is it possible that we lesser mortals, if we are good, could be privy to the expert advice you gleaned from Oleg? I am sure a lot of members are eager to know. When I was watching your show I wanted to ask 'how did you do that?'. Is it a matter of layers? It is good to see other transitions used and not just the dissolve.

I am still making my way to the starting line with this hobby, but would love to produce something like that. Well done.

John

In my earlier thread I did mention the work of Barry Beckham. Why not look at his website www.barrybeckham.co.uk in the meantime?

Ron [uK]

Thank you all for your kind remarks! I will be glad to share all I can with the members of the forum. I have learned so much here!

First to John: The plant is a wax plant or hoya. They are fairly hardy and don't have to be watered too often which is perfect for me ;) . Most of my ideas for transitions and creating individual slides came from Oleg. I highly recommend watching ALL of his shows ... they truly are works of art. I had been working with PTE for two years and thought my shows were good until I saw his shows! The main technique is making individual slides in Photoshop and then putting them together in PTE with appropriate transitions. For this show I set the timing for the transitions under Project Options>Effects for 3000 seconds. For certain slides at the end of the show I made them a little longer.

Second to Thx: I checked the boxes for Fit to Screen, Use smoothing, 100% of the screen, and full screen mode. I left the background checked at black because it doesn't really show. And yes, I used Photoshop 7.0. I also used some VM Filters that I downloaded and they are freeware.

Third to Ron: Thank you!

If you need more specifics feel free to email me: rooski11@insightbb.com

Carol

Hello, Carol.

I download your show.

- beautiful idea: from bud to bloom;

- very good photos;

- nice work in PhotoShop.

My congratulations!

:P My wife Olga said: "Carol create nice show!" :rolleyes:

Thank you for your work, Carol!

Oleg :blink: