WnSoft Forums

AmbiDaub

dpletts

Introducing AmbiDaub which has already been mentioned on this forum. Perhaps some PTE users might like to make use of it, or might just have fun with.

AmbiDaub is an almost full-screen Windows graphics application with which you can create abstract-style textures, backgrounds, wallpaper or eye-candy. You can't actively draw or paint - just let the computer do it for you. There is little user interaction apart from selecting routines from the menus, with the possibility of placing some shapes etc in a particular part of the screen, plus the opportunity to mix your own colour sequences/gradients. There is a tremendous amount of randomness built in to AmbiDaub and the odds of ever being able to repeat a design are just about impossible. Serendipity is a big feature of AmbiDaub.

The idea is for you to experiment with AmbiDaub and find out what each feature does. There is some very brief documentation to give a little help over the more obscure features, but the program is easy to use.

Installing AmbiDaub

Unzip the AmbiDaub16d.zip file into a new folder of your choice. Please make sure that all unzipped files are kept in the same folder.

Download Link

Cheers,

David P

I have been using David's program for several weeks now and I can tell you it is well worth downloading.

You can if you wish install it on a flash drive and carry it with you.

For a narrated tour of the program Download my slideshow.

I give the program three thumbs up :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Regards,

George

Well, David, I can see where this program will be a huge time waster. I mean that in a good sense however. I have already spent the last hour playing with it (when I should have been working on other projects). It really does some interesting things and certainly creates unique files. I can see manipulating these files even further in Photoshop.

One very useful feature I found was the ability to import and tile. For those creating albums and book projects, it's a great way to use all those downloaded web page background files to create album covers. I created a couple of interesting "papers" as well which I think would be of tremendous interest to scrapbookers. You should find a couple of scrapbook forums or sites and post the program there as well.

Thanks for your efforts and for sharing this program.

Thank you mhwarner for you kind words and for your suggestion regarding scrapbooking sites - added to my "must do" list. At the moment I am working on version 2 which is great fun.

Kind regards,

David P