WnSoft Forums

How to Create Folder of Sorted Slides

keewellman

Is is possible to create a folder containing all the sorted files in order without creating a slideshow? I realize I could rename every single slide adding the number but is there an easier way?

Yes,

Create you folder and and place oall you photo her.

The Select All the Right Click the first photo and select rename,

Inter a common name and and press enter.

All the photos will be renamed with the new name +(1) (2) etc.

Regards,

George

Many of us use IrfanView as image viewer. With IrfanView's thumbnail view and the integrated batch dialog, an ordered list of images from different folders can be defined, and batch renaming can we worked out. The output can be copied to a new folder.

Regards,

Xaver

... Will it recognize the jumbled order in which the slides have been used in a PTE project ...

Dave,

There is nothing to recognize. In IrfanView's batch conversion window you will see an input field in which you can place (drag) images from one or more folders (one image after the other), and in this way you fix the order you like to have. The batch renaming process will follow this order.

Regards,

Xaver

post-5382-032701300 1287512269_thumb.jpg

As I have already sorted close to 300 of the images in P2E for my slideshow I would prefer not to have to resort them for another folder. Looks like the best way would be to just rename each slide individually according to its number in the show.

The reason I want to be able to do this is that I want to be able to use the same images with a different focus for another show. The obvious thing to do, now that I get into this, is to just rename the old show that is already done and move some of the images around. That way I don't have to start all over again. Sorry I didn't think of that sooner!

I'm totally against re-naming images except where the new name contains the original name with added suffix/prefix.

It occurred to me that if Igor could include a re-naming procedure within the "create template" operation which added a three figure prefix to the image name in the order used in the project, that would be a big step forward.

i.e. first image dsc_1234 would become 001_dsc_1234 etc.

Just a thought,

DG

Edited: Just thought of a snag.

How to deal with objects/images which are not main images?

DG,

How to deal with objects/images which are not main images?

It should be possible to deal with the additional slide image objects using the same layout you have exampled.

Its just the added prefix would contain an additional three figure indicator ... to include any additional image object and its order.

Example:

001_dsc_1234 or 001_000_dsc_1234 (ie slide 1 -main image )

001_001_abc_342 (ie slide 1 - image object 1)

001_002_agh_8544 (ie slide 1 - image object 2)

The thing is ... how valuable is a rename option to most users ?

** The real problem I see at this time is how to deal with images used multiple times in the same show ... because this would add additional images/resources to a project that would normally only contain the original image used.