WnSoft Forums

Beware POSSIBLE *SPAM* - SOLVED

davegee

I recieved an e-mail from a Russian source today (name in Russian script).

The sender appears on the face of it to be ALENA(?).

The subject appeared to be reg key.

There was a file attached.

Since I haven't requested a reg key I was immediately cautious and I have deleted without opening.

Anyone else see this?

DG

It wasn't Span. Alena works for the orders department of P2E. In fact I just wrote to her asking for a reg-key a couple of days ago ... maybe it was for me!!

But in the meantime I found that I had saved it on a disc-on-key so I am all right.

All the best,

yg

Igor,

Please ask Alena to check if she sent the reg key to me by mistake?

It was an ATTACHMENT (reg.txt) - Igor has said recently that they were not going to use attachments any more.

It also came from a GMAIL account.

Size of file 314B.

My reasons for being cautious - I DID NOT REQUEST IT and WNSOFT DO NOT USE ATTACHMENTS for reg keys.

DG

Sorry Ken had all ready emptied my Trash folder will remember next time.

Could you please tell me were and how I get your email,have only had to do

things like that in the early days of V4 and things have changed a lot since then

plus old age getting to me.

All the best Ray

Ray

my email has been in the lower part of every page i have answered for 5+ years

along the same vein, if you get bad email, and you are returning same to your ISP, they will request the letter as you got it - in its entirety so they have a chance of tracing it

ken

I recieved an e-mail from a Russian source today (name in Russian script).

The sender appears on the face of it to be ALENA(?).

The subject appeared to be reg key.

There was a file attached.

Since I haven't requested a reg key I was immediately cautious and I have deleted without opening.

Anyone else see this?

DG

Hello David,

There was misunderstanding. Gmail box was created because many people can't receive our e-mails from *****@wnsoft.com addresses. I use this e-mail address in exclusive cases, that's why you may have not seen this before. And I don't spread infected files or spam.

I have sent registration keys to all customers who posted in this topic:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12491

You said: "I posted exactly the same thing in the other thread."

So i thought that you haven't received the key either.

That's why you received the key. This is real WnSoft registration key and it is registered to your name.

Kind regards,

Alena,

I did not think for one moment that it was from you because I had not requested a key.

When I said that I had posted the same thing, I meant this:

http://www.picturest...indpost&p=80469

It was posted straight after nobeefstu said:

"Since you have been a Pictures to EXE customer since 2004 ... it would appear by your comments that you are already a registered user. Why not use your PTE key you originally purchased in 2004 on your NEW 64 bit computer ..."

....and Igor said this on 15th October:

"Although we send license keys as a text inside email now, a letter still can be blocked by spam filters on a server or in your mailing program"

.....so when I saw the reg key attachment (which Igor said you were not going to use) along with it being something I have never requested......

I was cautious.

I will use quotes wherever applicable in future!

DG

Dave,

That was a funny confusion :) We will try be more attentive reading posts.

One minor thing. I couldn't send you PM over forum ("The member can not use the messaging system", probably the mail box is full?), so I write this here. I've removed a mention of our Gmail address from your post:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12504&view=findpost&p=80533

Because even once published on a webpage email address will be a target for spam bots earlier or later.

Dave,

Since September 29th we send key for new customers only as text inside email (no attached file).

But for requests of lost keys or missed emails we temporarily send license keys as attached files. It related with need to rewrite our internal software for license keys. I think we'll send all keys as a text within a week or so.