WnSoft Forums

Music not syncing?

snapware

Hi Guys,

This is a new issue, but it happened 4 times recently in Pictures2Exe version 6.5.2

When playing the slideshow .exe files, the music ends early, and there's about 25 seconds at the end of the slideshow where the pictures are going without music.

Yes, we check off the Auto-Spread slides option.

Is there any possible reason why this is happening? Should I uninstall and reinstall the software?

snapware,

Your Test show does have inconsistent playback issues in my tests. It varies differently with each playback.

-Is your music modified using the new internal audio features of PTE ?

-Does Preview within PTE playback the slideshow properly each time ?

*You may want to rebuild your slideshow in the lastest PTE version and verify results

PTE version 6.5.3

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12201&view=findpost&p=80328

• 1 year later...

Hi...i am having this issue as well...inconsistent syncing and it's making me nuts...i have the latest version of the software and hate it...i want to go back to the old 4.3 because i never ever had an issue. I only upgraded so i could make EXE files for my clients who have a Mac...and i also have this software because i like that it expires...but after reading some things in the forum it looks like the only files that don't expire when setting up a date to expire are exe files...so i am not sure it was worth upgrading.

Does anyone know if the sync issue has been fixed?

Thanks!

Hi...i am having this issue as well...inconsistent syncing and it's making me nuts...

Are you under the impression that ticking the "Synchronize music and slides" box in Project Options | Main will give you what you want? because it won't. That's not its purpose. Neither will "Auto-spread slides along music" do what you might expect.

If all you want to do is drop some slides into place, add a piece of music and have the slides spread out evenly along the music you need to do the following:

- drop the slide into place

- add the music via Project Options | Music

- go to the Timeline view

- click on Timed Points

- select "Arrange All Points"

If you are trying to do something else, please provide a more detailed description of what you are trying to achieve and what precise problems you are encountering.

regards,

Peter

With the other versions all i had to do was hit 'sync music to slides' or however it was worded and no matter how many songs or how many slides i used, it worked FLAWLESSLY....so yes...all i want to do is have the slides and music ending at the same time. Thanks so much for your speedy reply...very, very much appreciated!

I have also experienced this on one occasion and found that for reasons I did not know, there was something wrong with the sound file.

I opened the sound file in an external editor and resaved it and the problem cleared. Never found the cause at all, just put it down to a glitch in that one sound file.

I also miss the option of being able to right click on a group of slides and move them to either the back for front of the show.

Please do not change the subject of discussion in the middle of a topic. Please open a new topic to carry any discussion on this new subject.

Thank you.

Peter

Sorry just seen this post otehrwise I might have posted my new post on mp3 and wav problems here. Please see my separate post on problems using mp3 and wav files. Maybe this is a separate problem but I have had serious problems with synchronising slide images to the project sound file and eventually had to use a wav format to get the correct result.

Jeff,

That would have been appropriate because it was still on the subject of synchronizing music and slides. Lisajulia's post (#13) was an entirely new and unrelated subject and therefore would be better raised as a topic in its own right.

regards,

Peter