WnSoft Forums

New Slideshow added

BootZilla

Hi all -

I've just added a new slideshow "055 Lake O'Hara 2010" to my site. It's at the top of the list.

Enjoy,

Greg Gordon

http://www.greggordonphotography.com/index.php?page=pte-slideshows

Well, that was one of the better slide shows I have seen and the transitions and mixed effects worked very well in this type of show.

Great Photography, so hats off to Patti Gordon, but the ease at which this show moves along does not indicate the amount of work that has gone into it. We don't get any marks for degrees of difficulty, but it is sometimes appreciated when the person commenting actually is aware of the work put into the sequence. It certainly shows a different standard and is great to see.

There are three comments I would make

1. While the terminology is not vital, most people refer to this as Audio Visual and not Audio Video, it gives some the wrong impression I think.

2. The flying bird has to go, the rest of the show is too good and doesn't need that. Its never convincing and in my view is adds nothing. We already have interest, great images all well presented so for me that was a animation one step too far.

3. When all the graphic faces came up it shouted end of the sequence to me and I was surprised when the show didn't end. The show came across as a great keepsake for the friends who went on the trek and their faces at the end would provide a very good natural ending to your show.

but if you did nothing it is still a great slide show.

Hi Greg,

I would guess you had three things in mind when creating this A/V:

1)As a memento for Patti and the rest of the hikers, and in this it works extremely well and I am sure they are all delighted.

2)As an exposition of the features of PTE and PS and your undoubted expertise at this. I will certainly be working on the curved window and floating pictures effect. Very good indeed.

3)As a record to show others of the beauty of Lake O’Hara and Patti's photos are excellent for this purpose. But this is where, I think, it gets difficult to incorporate this with items 1 & 2. I know it must have taken ages to do this show but I would like to see a separate show cutting out some of the effects especially the rotating images (fading them in would work fine), and dropping some of the group “holiday snaps”. Just my views from a far less experience A/V’er in the hope they will generate some interest.

Ps. Barry, good point about Audio-Visual – I’ll get my website changed.

An excellent show and agree with Andrew. I too have viewed a number of your slide shows from your website, they are all very good.

Agree with Barry, the flying bird does not go with a good show such as this.

Well done and thanks for sharing. Hope to see more slide shows from you in the future.

Colin

Thanks for all the comments.

I have to agree regarding the Eagle It's worked quite well in other shows. I don't know why I left it in there However, my client liked it - go figure. The drawing images of the hikers is something that I thought would be neat but didn't even think about using them in a closing slide. Good point for consideration. Regarding the number of group photos - what the client wants, the client gets. Thanks for the critiques, they are all most welcome. Oh, I'll get right on that spelling mistake Ken.

Greg