WnSoft Forums

Full Screen???

caperucitaroja

You can check the cover slide option from the Objects and animation window, but that has to be done for each image used.

The one thing to bear in mind is that you need to make the slide show at the highest resolution you expect it to be viewed at or your images may be expanded beyond the size you created them and lose quality.

Why not try this method with images directly from your camera, saved as Jpegs. PTE will probably handle it very well.

One other thing to remember is if you use large files and also wish to animate your show, you may introduce the dreaded moire effect.

Those trying to run your show on low powered PC's especially laptops, may also see some degredation in the animations and transitions.

What the OP is asking is impossible because not all computer monitors are the same resolution and (more importantly) aspect ratio.

The best "compromise" is to make a show at the aspect ratio of your own monitor and at a resolution which will fit to either the height or width of any monitor it is likely to encounter.

Common sense dictates that there must be an upper limit to this and I would suggest that, depending on your own screen AR, the height need not exceed 1200 and the width 1920.

An example or three:

If your monitor is 1280x1024 (5:4) and your shows are made to fit to screen with images 1200 high your show will fit ANY monitor up to 1920x1200.

If your monitor is 1920x1080 (16:9) and your shows are made to fit to screen with images 1200 high your show will fit (the width of) ANY monitor up to 1920x1200.

If your monitor is 1024x768 (4:3) and your shows are made to fit to screen with images 1200 high your show will fit ANY monitor up to 1920x1200.

In PROJECT OPTIONS/SCREEN set the aspect ratio to suit your monitor and the resolution to xxxx by 1200. Remember to tick Fixed

Size of Slide in Pixels. Black lines in some circumstances (top and bottom OR at the sides) are, I'm afraid, an occupational hazzard.

DG

I don't think it is quite right to say having one size fits all is impossible. Not desirable for us enthusiasts maybe, but that is a different thing. There are certainly other options too, but once again for enthusiasts. However, not everyone is an enthusiast and not everyone will be too concerned if by covering the screen with their image they lose a little of it where the format doesn't fit.

Judging by some shows I see that would be the least of the problems.

Some people will wish to take images straight from their camera into the PTE software and be happy to accept the slide show filling the screen on all monitors.

Place high resolution jpegs in a slide show and go to the O&A and select the Common tab > Mode > Cover Slide

The images will be expanded to play on any monitor resolution, but you would have to accept that the images from most cameras (3:2 format) may be enlarged a bit to match the monitor and although quality will not be an issue, you will lose a bit of your image.

I will need to think about this.

I thought that the "Cover Slide" refered to the relationship between the image and its parent AR?

That show's AR would then be "best fit" to the monitor on which it is shown and if not a perfect match black lines will be the result.

DG

well, I have not done any tests, just assumed the result from past versions and the effect of that setting on the image in the O&A. preseumably you would need to set the project options > screen tab > Size of Slide show at the highest you could expect to need.

Easy enough to prove.

Make a show at 3840x2160 and add a full res jpg SOC in cover slide mode.

The "overlap" is at the top and bottom but you still get black lines T&B when shown on a 16x10 1920x1200.

Fullscreen and Windowed Mode give same result. The AR of the show is "best fitted" to the AR of the monitor it is being shown on.

DG

Well, then that is that idea out the window. Not sure why we need a cover slide option then. I always thought this was labelled wrong and should have been cover screen, but perhaps not.

I never tried the idea I suggested myself, I just assumed that cover slide (given what you see in the O&A when it is selected) would cover all aspect ratios and just allow an overlap where it was necessary.

While it doesn't matter much to me as I would probably not use that option (if it worked) many would