WnSoft Forums

Fading music

MaryFurness

I have a 3.14 slide shoe.

My music is 1.46.

I have put it in to repeat.

I would like it it to fade at the end of the slide.

WHen i put in the fade time as 1.40 it fades each time and this comes in the middle of the slide show.

Is it possible to only have it fade at the end of the slide show while my titles are showing.

Thanks

Hi Mary,

Because you are fading at 1.40 - the music is doing exactly as you have instructed which puts the fade in the middle of your slideshow.

You can solve this issue two ways. First - don't set the music to repeat.....

1. Take the music into a sound editor such as Audacity and place an additional entire selection at the end of the first so that the song repeats as a single mp3. Then you can either add a bit of silence at the beginning or set your fade to a bit longer time to fill the difference. You could adjust the timing on one or more of your slides so that the fade-out and end of slideshow come together.

2. Just place the music selection in twice and fade the second selection at an appropriate time. Either way, you will have .22 to deal with which could be most effectively done by adjusting one or more slides to make the music coincide with the end of the show.

Remember this:

The fade out number is simply the number of seconds you want to allot to fading out. You must set the second song's duration (assuming you are using the selection twice rather than combing them into a single mp3) to the exact time it must play after the first song ends. So the "duration" determines the absolute end of your second music and the fade out determines the number of seconds "before" the end of the song when fade begins.

Once you have it correct, it will be reflected by the blue music waveform. It is a very flexible system but you must be certain you have the "correct" song selected before applying duration and fade.

Once you have done this a couple times, it will be very easy to understand.....

Best regards,

Lin

I have a 3.14 slide shoe.

My music is 1.46.

I have put it in to repeat.

I would like it it to fade at the end of the slide.

WHen i put in the fade time as 1.40 it fades each time and this comes in the middle of the slide show.

Is it possible to only have it fade at the end of the slide show while my titles are showing.

Thanks

Thanks Lin

That's a wonderful answer. It is too late for me to try it tonight but I will do it tomorrow and let you know how I go.

I am a novice at sound editing but will download audacity and begin to learn.

I really appreciate you taking the time to give me the answer in so much detail.

Mary

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Lin

That's a wonderful answer. It is too late for me to try it tonight but I will do it tomorrow and let you know how I go.

I am a novice at sound editing but will download audacity and begin to learn.

I really appreciate you taking the time to give me the answer in so much detail.

Mary

Hi Mary

Some time ago I compiled an aid to beginners in Audacity called Audacity for Dummies, we were all dummies so to speak when we learned how to use it. To help you on your way you can find a copy here http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11046&st=0&p=71291&hl=+audacity%20+for%20+dummies&fromsearch=1entry71291

I've just had another look & aparrently it got over 250 downloads, so someome must have found it useful.

Yachtsman1 ;)