WnSoft Forums

Help needed

boxig

Hi all,

Marco and me are working on a new Flash utility which will give us many new effects to add to show. We have some problems we can't solve yet and we are trying to find where or what is the source to the problem. Since we both are not Flash experts, we need your help.

What the utility can do:

By using "Run External Application" you can open a Flesh file on any position on any screen size and manipulate it. You can decide how many loops you want it to play, what direction you want it to scroll, exit time or slide out of screen, and resize your original flash.

Marco did an amazing demo when utility was still on very early stage and with a bit of imagination you will be able to create great effects integrating with your show.

How you can help:

The utility has a very simple "configuration tool" with which you create your configuration file (txt file). There are 10 steps and endless combinations to configure what you want your flash to do. It will be very helpful if some of you will "play" with this beta version, find bugs, suggest ideas and give overall feedback.

If you are ready to help, please write here your email and I will send you 2 files (400 kb and 700 kb).

Thanks

Granot

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Granot!

FlashPTE Demo is a wunderful thing. But after playing it, i can not maximize the windows of programs. There is a stripe between taskbar and programm window.

I have to restart the computer to geht the whole size of the windows.

Greetings

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Can you give us more details about the problem you exeperience with FlashPTE Demo ?

What is your OS (Windows version ) ?

In which screen resolution do you work ?

Can you try the following test:

1) rename "show.xyz" in "demo.exe"

2) run "demo.exe"

Does the problem still here ?

Thanks for your help.

Marco

Andreas

Try this: Run the demo as usual. After introduction when the menu appear, Esc all. Is there a problem ?

If no problem, start the demo again and this time choose one from the menu, run it, and when return to menu Esc all and check the problem.

This way we can find where the problem starts.

Also, try to use another simple show.

Thanks

Granot

Andreas, (and Granot)

I finally reproduced the problem you described (I didn't noticed it before on my computer !): when the show ends, a small area (same height than the taskbar) is no more accessible on the desktop. The "working area" on the desktop is slightly reduced. Rebooting the PC restores normal working area on the desktop.

It's a "small bug" in the starter utility ("show.exe" in the demo), which hide the taskbar during the slideshow (to avoid the taskbar to be displayed when Flash animation is played). I will fix it.

Nevertheless, this should not occur when running directly "demo.exe" (without the starter "show.exe") as I described in previous post (by renaming "show.xyz" in "demo.exe").

I'm really surprised when you report you have same behavior by only starting "demo.exe": can you check it again and re-test ?

Be sure I'm very sorry to cause this trouble, and will try to fix this as soon as possible.

I'll keep you informed, and release a fix.

But if you're interested in using FlashMe utility for your show (FlashMe will be soon released by Granot), please do it, you should not have this problem (but you will see the taskbar during the show if your Flash movie is smaller than current screen resolution: we are working on this problem and will give you a solution).

Sorry again.

Marco

Marco & Granot,

The demo that Granot sent me to try out doesn't hide the taskbar. Is this a different demo than the one Andreas is using? I have no trouble with this utility - it works great for me now that Granot has fixed up the Flash loop control. Thanks very much, both of you, for all your work in perfecting this useful utility. :)

Marco and Garnot:

Great demo !!!!!

BTW All I did was click on "Show.exe" and all worked without a hitch (except a couple of OBJECTS were partially hidden on one screen. (no big deal ;) )

I read the README.txt first, sounded like a lot of things I had to do and how was I going to remember all them , so I said the heck with it, who reads instructions anyway ? :D:D and all went beautifully.

To Andreas (and all),

I fixed the problem Andreas described (for 1024x768 users) with "reduced working area on desktop" after running the demo.

Andreas, I send you the fix by email (14KB).

FlashPTE Demo on Beechbrook Cottage will be updated.

I really apologize for causing troubles with this version.

This is fixed now.

To JRR:

Thank you for testing the demo !

"...except a couple of OBJECTS were partially hidden on one screen...":

Can you tell me where exactly ? and also your screen resolution ?

It should be Ok in 800x600 and 1024x768...

To Al:

Thank you.

The last version of the demo is available on Beechbrook, but please wait until it is updated, because there is a small issue in hiding the taskbar in 1024x768.

Or I can also send you the fix by email (14KB). Tell me.

Marco

I use 1152x864 so that is likely the issue.

The partially hidden objects are at the end of the TEXT EFFECTS "REPLAY" and "RETURN" are partially hidden until the other text comes up on top of the image, they they too appear as a "top layer"

Building shows with objects that run OK for all resolutions is very difficult...!

Marco:

Tell me about it !!! :D:D

I use objects a lot and this has always been an issue that I have brought up to Igor. I was glad to see a few weeks ago that he has it on his "to do" list.

I just completed a complex project (106 PTE files in one show) that was being sent to various people all using different screen resolutions.

I solved it with a trick that RonWill mentioned some weeks ago. I set the show to run at a fixed screen size and then placed a one image show in front of it at 1600x1200 and ran the "real" show off it . It works beautifully.

See http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=2&t=1197

Jim,

Thanks for your help !

But I'm not sure I understand very well your trick (from RonWill): Is your "main show" (with 1600x1200 image) is a windowed show with fixed size 1152x864 ?

I will make several tests and may be it will appear clearer to me....

I'm not a PTE expert, but I was very disapointed when I used Objects in PTE with different screen resolution...

(Igor, please fixe this issue ! Thanks).

So now I will try your idea...

Many thanks.

Marco