WnSoft Forums

New Slide Show

Barry -

As usual, Stunning Images. However, the music didn't exactly win me over but hey, music is such a personal thing.

awesome show bud,

Greg

Guest Yachtsman1

Maureen

I am not over struck on the music myself, it was the best I could find at the time.

but if anything better came up I would consider a change.

Barry Barry Barry, 37 CD's average of 10 tracks per CD & "it's the best you could find at the time". ??????? ;)

Yachtsman1.

Eric

In fact I have been through all those albums and hundreds more of my own, including classical, but I cannot find anything that shouts "Perfect" to me. It happenes sometimes. Having 37 albums to call from is no guarrantee of finding the perfect choice.

I tried again today and listened to loads of other music tracks and I still can't find something that I think is perfect for the images.

Suggestions gratefully accepted.

Those pictures demand the right music, I just need to find it.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

In fact I have been through all those albums and hundreds more of my own, including classical, but I cannot find anything that shouts "Perfect" to me. It happenes sometimes. Having 37 albums to call from is no guarrantee of finding the perfect choice.

I tried again today and listened to loads of other music tracks and I still can't find something that I think is perfect for the images.

I don't know if you can access Amazon downloads where you are? if you can, open the MP3 download page & type in the shows title/subject, & see what comes up.that's what I do when I'm stuck & it will keep you out of mischief. I assume your new show is above my download limit? so I can't be more positive. Just had a look at your title, Bali Hai???

Yachtsman1.

Eric

Hi Barry,

As Eric says, using Amazon is a good way of sampling bits of music and downloading just the tracks you need. When it comes to seascape images have you tried Debussy? The sort of impressionist style of orchestral writing suits A/V very well. I would suggest that you try the Nocturnes - Ist movement 'Nuages' (clouds) and the 3rd movement 'Sirenes' for a start. 'La Mer' itself is worth looking at as well - the 2nd movement "Play of the Waves" could well work also. These pieces are all about the right length as well (around 7-8 minutes on average). Finally, try Frank Bridge's suite 'The Sea'. The 1st movement "Seascape" might be suitable also. I heard this a few years used very effectively in a documentary about Sennen Cove in Cornwall (which I still have on Betamax!).

Regards - Malcolm

Eric

Not easy. When we create a show we usually have in mind a mood we wish to develop and just what kind of music we see as ideal. Finding it is a different matter.

Maureen

Guest Yachtsman1

Thank you for the suggestions, but Debussey didn't do much for me, not for these images, and amazon doesn't seem to have samples of all the albums, only those which sell as mp3 downloads.

Barry

Put thi' glasses on & click the track album setting, see pic, in the meantime look/listen at No 34 or 35.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-005822000 1294183217_thumb.jpg

Eric

Thank you for the pointers, but I confess I found it a little ledious and soon started to loose the will to live, searching on Amazon. I don't usually have this trouble finding music, but it has to happen sometimes I suppose. I have settled and changed the music to a simple pianno piece from our own copyright free music called appropriatley "The Sea at Sunset"

Good news too, the slide show is under 20Mb How about that?

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

Thank you for the pointers, but I confess I found it a little ledious and soon started to loose the will to live, searching on Amazon. I don't usually have this trouble finding music, but it has to happen sometimes I suppose. I have settled and changed the music to a simple pianno piece from our own copyright free music called appropriatley "The Sea at Sunset"

Good news too, the slide show is under 20Mb How about that?

Barry

The under 20mb statement pulled me in & I have just downloaded & viewed it.

I assume most if not all of the pictures are HDR?

The pictures are stunning & would be happy to put my name on them.

The show, to be honest, I thought it was a bit boring. I got the impression the photographer was stood in one spot and taking the pictures from there. The lack of "Island" pictures left me disappointed. The music made me feel sad, in contrast to the pictures.

If it were my show I would add some wave sound effects, and maybe an Enya track or two, and a title change to "Sunet @ such or such beach", but then again, as Jean Val Jon said "Who am I 24601?" :(:)

Yachtsman1

Eric

No, the images are not HDR, you will not be very sucessful with HDR with any moving subjects and the sea tends to move a bit

The secret is making sure you capture the best exposure possible, at the right time and the rest is Photoshop work.

I never did say anything about Pacific Islands, you did in the Amazon search engines.

I have a good Enya collection, but usually steer well clear of that music, simply because that is where all AV'ers seem to head for. Sometimes its OK to follow the crowd, sometimes not. The sequence does have some sea sounds effects that come in a short time after the start, but I kept them low, or they can often just make the music sound as though there is a fault with it.