WnSoft Forums

Some rain must fall

A return to an earlier AV. ‘Some rain must fall’.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0yag3cgmygixrad

Sadness is the theme, so avoid if you are feeling down or depressed.

Replaced some images (Google images)and changed things to black and white.

The original version was described as being ‘pretty heavy’, so I guess this is even heavier,

as it now includes ‘Actiweep Technology’.

Warning’ Man sized tissues recommended.

Not sure why, but I’m going along with Barry B’s advice, that all AV’s should now be above 20mb in size ;)

I managed to pad this one out, to tip the scales at just over.

Davy

Hi Davy

One of the best Av's i have seen, just absolutely beautiful, fantastic images, great music and the majority of the slides being in black and white adds tremendously to a very moving experience.

Thank you.

Rick

Davy,

I agree, some heavy images. I remember your earlier version. Many of the slides tell a story, the one that sticks out for me is the little girl

sitting on the railway line. All in all, very well put together. Well done and thanks for sharing.

By the way, my man size tissues are now finished. :angry:

Regards,

Colin

Rick and Colin,

Thanks for watching, comparing and feedback.

Rick the black and white works better for me too. Lends itself to the mood/theme.

Had a difficult time finding images for this, which was surprising.

Colin, yes the little girl sitting at the end of the line photo could be the cover of a book.

There’s a whole story in that Picture.

Davy

Davy

Not sure why, but I'm going along with Barry B's advice, that all AV's should now be above 20mb in size ;)

I managed to pad this one out, to tip the scales at just over.

Firstly, you seem to have the wrong end of the stick. I have never given advice that a slide show should be over 20 MB. I am in favour of keeping them as small as possible, while retaining quality. The size is determined by the content of the images anyway.

Secondly, if you don't know why your doing something, then don't do it. What possible advantage is there to padding out a show to be larger than 20MB. Not sure where you got that from. The 20MB is a limit one member places on slide shows and he will not download any over that limit. That is a personal choice, but he will change his mind or sooner or later he will have precious little to download.

The size of our slide shows are generally increasing naturally as we move more towards larger wide screen format images, but it will be greatly affected by the Jpg compression the author chooses and the content of the images. I suspect there is a large size increase on the way when Version 7 is released and video is included.

At the moment a slide show ends up the size it ends up, there is no benefit I can see for deliberately making your show larger.

Davy

The humour on this occasion went over my head, sorry. Forums can be a great source of information, but they are also notorious for making life far more complex than it needs to be on accoasions. I was more concerned about others who pick up on the post and think they must create a show above 20MB.

Davey -

What a Powerful show. The world is full of sadness, I think that most simply look the other way.

Barry - You brought up some good points BUT what did you think of the show itself?

Greg

Barry,

I’m with you on that. It’s all too easy to assume that somebody is getting what you are typing.

Not too comfortable with all these freakin Emoticon thingees either. I only have about 7 emotions and only 3 of them are listed here.

I suppose I ought to post a 19.999mb AV in mono, 5:4 format as punishment.

Greg,

Thanks for watching and commenting.

Most of all, thanks for asking Barry That question.

Davy

Barry wrote;

"Greg, Why did you have to ask that question?"

Barry -

I didn't Have to ask the question, I simply wanted to know what you thought of it. It was wrong of me to assume you had already seen it. With all the comments on this topic, I guess I got confused about where the conversation was going (file sizing).

Greg

In my case, not so good weather is a guarantee that I won’t be out taking any photos,

be they good,bad,or indifferent. Good images are no guarantee of a good AV.

Dramatic images mean different things to different people, but regardless of definition and their extreme rarity,

I have never seen a dramatic AV, unless somebody here has been holding out.

Barry,

The UK has been going through some Arctic like, ‘not so good’ weather for a while now.

Sub zero temps, with snow, ice and even a water shortage here through burst pipes.

After this cold snap ends I will venture forth, unless it’s chucking it down with rain

as it often does here.

A good day for me then, is the opposite of the above.

Now, how would you define ‘Dramatic images’ in your terms? and do you have any?

Davy

I am not sure that a piece of Wallaby crap, (no matter how well photographed to a very high standard )

could be described as dramatic. It’s just crap, even with a threatening rain cloud.

If I go along with your definition of 'dramatic' though, I still can’t accept that you are just a run of the mill type.

I have downloaded a few of your shows that I thought were very good and I told you so at the time.

Some excellent images and treatments. Really clever stuff and bar a few below par efforts, generally above run of the mill.

You could, I suppose, consider them to have 'dramatic' content.

That I don’t consider the content as 'dramatic' is only down to my definition and no failing on your part.

I don’t have anything dramatic under any definition. I’m just a run of the mill type.

Hi George,

Glad it had the desired effect on you.

I'm all for quality and even though higher quality will equate to higher quantity (file size),

in this case, the >20 mb was just a little attempted humour from earlier in this thread.

I had a quick peek at your web site and was strangly drawn to your animated video.

Nice one.

The best back at you.

Davy