WnSoft Forums

Some rain must fall

• 2 weeks later...

I watched this sequence before reading the comments on the forum other than Davy's intro.

I watched it again because others obviously found it fascinating

The images are truely great, but they're not the authors images and here may be the problem for me.

I feel you must be connected to your work and then something of yourself goes into it.

The sequence is well constructed but it contains several non related images e.g. the balls which break

the flow of the imagery. The sequence becomes a collection of diverse images after the thread of the

first half, created by the subjects, is broken when the images in the second half come from such different situations.

I liked the idea and the music is beautiful but I think it needs to be going somewhere. The old story of

beginning ,middle, and end.

Watched it again before posting and I really DO like the images.

Snapcam,

It’s a simple AV,with sadness as the theme.Deliberately made with no linear storyboard,or direction.

It is a diverse collection of images arranged,in what I thought was a definite structure.

The must have a,’beginning,middle and end’forms part of the archaic and formulaic mantra preached

by the‘Hector Heathcoat brigade’of Photo societies.

I could care less about that nonsense.

The rather,‘Art House‘,‘Feeling connected with your work’comment was amusing,

but maybe wasted,on a ‘Tea and Biscuits’ forum.

I do appreciate you taking the time to watch and give your opinions. :)

Thank You.

Davy

P.s. I did wait a while in case someone did answer your rhetorical question,

’Am I the one to say the King has no Clothes?..........Well actually, Yes.

Hi Davy,

You're quite right ofcourse, I have no right to make unsolicited comments on another's work to that degree.

You will note I editded the original post(obviously not quickly enough :( )I did think I went a little

over the top.

I preferred the one where you walked on the surface of Wallaby Crap Creek and rescued a drunken Aborigine from drowning.

At least the visions are returning.Just hope it’s not a sign that the end is near.

You would surely be missed on Wallaby Crap Creek.

How’s things going on that forum anyway? I heard that the vultures were starting to circle.

Only thing holding them off,was the rustle of tumbleweeds.