WnSoft Forums

Workflow for iPad target...

JerryandLois

Hi everyone,

I have a set of slideshows that I want to enable to play on both the iPad and iPhone.

Trick is - I don't <yet> own a Mac; everything's PC based. But I have complete access to Mac systems (iMacs, iPads, iPhones, etc.)

Is there any documentation on

1. workflow to create presentations for the iPad and iPhone

2. Issues to be aware of (in terms of UI, functionality, limitations, suggestions) etc.

Hoping to have a presentation to install and test with in about a week, but don't know the steps needed.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Jerry

One add'l question - does anyone have a presentation they've created for the iPad that I could install and view? Thx...

Hi everyone,

I have a set of slideshows that I want to enable to play on both the iPad and iPhone.

Trick is - I don't <yet> own a Mac; everything's PC based. But I have complete access to Mac systems (iMacs, iPads, iPhones, etc.)

Is there any documentation on

1. workflow to create presentations for the iPad and iPhone

2. Issues to be aware of (in terms of UI, functionality, limitations, suggestions) etc.

Hoping to have a presentation to install and test with in about a week, but don't know the steps needed.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Jerry

One add'l question - does anyone have a presentation they've created for the iPad that I could install and view? Thx...

Jerry,

I created an IPOD show from my "Island Colors" presentation. It works great on my IPod (4th Gen). if your're interested, drop me a PM and we'll discuss. Sorry, I don't have an IPAD, but the steps are basically the same.

Regards,

Bill

Hi everyone,

You don't need a Mac, the iPad works with Windows too. All you need to do for PTE is create a movie and then sync that to the iPad as you would any other movie.

You don't need a Mac, the iPad works with Windows too. All you need to do for PTE is create a movie and then sync that to the iPad as you would any other movie.

Yep, this is quite correct. The resulting movie played back on the i-Pad looks quite stunning as well. With the new i-Pad 2 due out next month (possibly) with the rumored improved 'retina' display it will look even better...

Malcolm

Everyone - that is fantastic news on all accounts, thank you for the feedback!

Can I assume that all the wonderful PTE pan/zoom etc. effects work just fine?

In more detail, I'm interested in creating movies that the user can either control with forward/backward keys, or they can opt to just let the slideshow play automatically. Also, I'm assuming that typical Apple touch-screen "gestures" for zooming and sliding an image will work in conjunction with the controls that PTE enables?

Thanks again!

Jerry

Can I assume that all the wonderful PTE pan/zoom etc. effects work just fine?

In more detail, I'm interested in creating movies that the user can either control with forward/backward keys, or they can opt to just let the slideshow play automatically. Also, I'm assuming that typical Apple touch-screen "gestures" for zooming and sliding an image will work in conjunction with the controls that PTE enables?

The effects work fine, but its still just a movie. You don't have PTE controls. Like other movies, the user can play, pause, fast forward or rewind. Movies don't zoom, other than choice of letterboxing or not.

I have no idea what an iPod touch is, but you have answered my question. I have never looked at the iPad in any detail, just assumed is was a small mac.

an iPod touch is an iPhone without the phone and it can play PTE movies. Also worth mentioning is that you need to make PTE movies for Android tablets and phones too.