WnSoft Forums

Windows 7, PTE 6.5.7, preview hangs

JerryandLois

Hello everyone.

Something I'm running into, that only happens on my Win7 box: When I preview, many times the video simply freezes (but the music continues). I have to force-kill the app and start over.

The computer is 3.5 years old, running a nVidia geforce 8600 GTS card, Win7 Ultimate, dual-monitor.

It doesn't matter which monitor I preview this on. Location of the slide where it freezes is random (and sometimes, rarely doesn't freeze at all).

I have WinXP also installed on this computer with a slightly older version of PTE, and things work fine.

Suggestions would be very appreciated.

One other possibly useful info: on one particular slide, when I go into objects and animation I get a PTE error about needing more current DirectX 9 drivers. I have the most current video drivers installed which has me up to DirectX 11.

Thanks for your help!

Jerry

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Jerry & Lois

Going from past answers to your problem, you could have a number of things causing this.

1. Is you virus protection running during the problem? If it is try switching it off.

2. Is your C drive reaching it's capacity, PTE operates within your C drive and needs a minimum amount of space to operate correctly, solution move some of your files to another drive,

3. What size are the slides that hang, if they are more than a couple of MB's try reducing their size.

4. Finally, Ram how much is available for PTE, my LT showed signs of failure at 3GB on PTE6. If you are running W7 Pro or higher, you can up-rate your Ram to above 4GB. I use 8GB on my W7 Pro desk top. Why have you got XP & W7 on the same machine? W7 Pro is backwards compatable with XP, below W7 Pro it isn't.

Yachtsman1.

PS. Sorry I missed your comment re W7 Ultimate, so please dis-regard mine.

PPS Are your dual monitors fed from one source? (splitter) Are they HDMI or VGA fed. I have found feeding two monitors via VGA & a splitter I get reduced picture quality.

Jerry,

Please let me know what exact version of PicturesToExe you're using?

You can check version number in the main menu | About PicturesToExe window.

We've solved similar issue with PicturesToExe 6.5 under Windows 7 in one recent update. Please download and install the latest version 6.5.7 from our website - www.wnsoft.com