WnSoft Forums

Deluxe Features: Not Available

BBorges

Need some help!

I just realized my recent update Version 6.5.7 has the following status under HELP > ABOUT:

Licensed to: BB (Deluxe Version)

Standard Features: Free Lifetime upgrades

Deluxe features: not available

Maybe thats the reason I am getting a banner on my videos! :D

I went to help file to figure out what was going on and page 8 of the PDF states that for previous users, you could have the VB for two years.

Does that mean I need another key? I uploaded this version 6.5.7 and used my key (version 2.2 or 2.4) and it does not automatically gives me the VB option.

Whats the procedure?

Thanks,

BB

BB,

If your previous version was v2 then you have never had a DeLuxe version. You need to buy the upgrade to Deluxe version from Wnsoft. You will receive a second key which you will need to install following the supplied instructions. The Deluxe features key is valid for two years. At the end of that two year period, the key will continue to provide full Deluxe function on all versions of PTE that you have got installed at the time of key expiry. To get Deluxe function on a new version of PTE that you install after key expiry, you will need to purchase a new upgrade licence.

regards,

Peter

BB,

Adding to Peter's post above ... I have attached an image that shows which PTE features are Standard and which features are part of VideoBuilder/Deluxe Features. Its all the same (one) program install ... the features are enabled by the type of registration key(s)

post-45-072982700 1295954906_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the clarification guys.

How do I proceed to get the two-year VB feature, according to the manual?

I bought PicturesToExe vX.xx. Should I pay again for next versions?

No, you need not to pay for PicturesToExe again and you can use all future versions of

PicturesToExe free of charge. Besides, you will get two years of free upgrades for VideoBuilder

(module in PicturesToExe Deluxe). After two year term you can use last version of VideoBuilder

installed on your computer or pay for upgrade to use its new version.

BB,

You can purchase the pte program and its upgrades from WnSoft homepage.

http://www.wnsoft.com

Click the Buy Now link and choose the

Upgrades For Existing Users Of PicturesToExe

* Cost is $34 (plus VAT if applicable) for the 2 year Deluxe features registration. You are still required to always keep and use your older previously purchased PTE Standard Edition key registration since it does not expire.

* See about loading new text format keys:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12430

• 2 months later...

I have used PTE for many years and have now downloaded V7.3. Trying to make a DVD it came up ith I need to upgrade, I downloaded and paid for PTE v6.5 at a cost of £26.40. I put the v6.5 on my PC and then overwrote with my download of v&.3 It still shows I have not paid for the video upgrade. Can anybody sort me out as at 86 life is a puzzle at times and seems as though I've wasted my cash. Cheers, Derek

Derek,

V7 is a beta release. This means that the code is still being developed and tested (the testing now being done by an increasing number of forum members). It is unwise to enter for anyone to use the beat code unless they understand the implications of the code being a "beta release". In a beta release it may be the case that not all function is active. Some parts wil be deliberately turned off. Those parts will be activated over a period of several weeks. You should continue to use v6.5 for the full set of functions.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, Thanks for your interest. I know the implications of beta versions, but would still like to make a DVD of my trial show with a video in it to see for myself how video is implemented in PTE, but it comes up with I need to update. I did and paid £26 odd for it! Yet I still get a banner on my output saying it is not a paid up version. Any thoughts on how to get rid of the banner. Otherwise I'll have to stick with ProShow, but would like to get back to PTE. Cheers, Derek

Hi Peter, Went in to print too soon. On looking at my emails found key and put this in. Bingo. v7.3 with video file and made DVD. Video went in very quickly indeed into 7.3 - much quicker than ProShow's Producer I must say. Local UK AV man came to our Club and said that ProShow was rubbish. Speaking for myself I find PS very quick and easy to get movement than PTE in images. Now off to make a the same show in PS to compare the resulting DVDs. Cheers, Derek

Hi Derek,

I don't believe that ProShow is "rubbish" at all, but there are significant differences between Proshow Producer and PTE.

Which is "better" for one's purpose depends a great deal on what one is trying to achieve. PTE has, without a doubt, the ability to output better "quality" images in high resolution. It also has significant features which are not available in Proshow. Whether these features are important for the individual purpose depends a great deal on what the user wants to achieve.

Let me try to list the essential differences so you can make an intelligent decision about which works better for your own purposes.

First: What Proshow has that PTE doesn't:

The ability to use multiple types of files in addition to jpg, png, bmp and gif. Proshow supports a huge number and types of file formats including /RAW files from digital cameras (with proper codecs, etc.) and also supports layer files directly from Photoshop.

Proshow outputs to a much greater diversity of media such as BluRay, SVCD (video disc), XVCD (video disc), XSVCD (video disc), CVD (video Disc) and MiniDVD (video disc)

Proshow has numerous "styles" available which make fancy show creation easier and more automated than PTE. It also has significantly more fancy text effects than PTE and offers the user the option of changing and adjusting the image right within the program itself. You can have sepia, black and white, color, etc., all without going to your favorite image editor. For some applications, this makes it a very useful tool.

The down side of all these "features" is that along with great complexity comes numerous interaction "bugs" which forever plague the user. It's simply not the most stable software around, but when it works properly it is quite powerful and quite useful.

Second: What PTE has that Proshow doesn't

First PTE has Hardware Rendering. This means that the video card does much of the work of manipulating internal image creation and display leaving the CPU free to do other things. PTE animations are smoother by far than those done with Proshow.

PTE has infinitely more powerful features for dealing with animation than Proshow. For example, the simple task of off-center rotation which can be done in seconds with PTE is a nightmare to try and achieve with Proshow. With PTE you just click and drag the center for rotation where you want it. With Proshow you have to try to calculate numeric coefficients and this generally involves a tremendous amount of "trial and error" and then you rarely get satisfactory results.

With PTE you have the incredible power of parent/child relationships. This allows animations not possible at all with Producer. With PTE you have smoothing, sharpening, mip-mapping, anti-aliasing, internal mask creation, much more flexible motion control such as linear, non-linear, fast, slow, smooth, etc., all of which can be manipulated by the knowledgeable user to achieve motion effects simply not possible at all with Producer.

With PTE you have a HUGE advantage with 3D transforms. This feature which can be applied to not only still images but also to videos allows three dimensional effects in two dimensional space. It allows you to create reflections, invert, do horizontal or vertical "flips" on images and create effects far out of the reach of Producer.

PTE has far superior keyframe features. Producer's keyframe's are awkward and difficult for people to use.

PTE has superior text quality with auto conversion to PNG if you wish and with much more control over shadows, etc., than Producer. PTE just doesn't have the fancy text effects such as drop letters, flying text, etc., which are available with Producer. But with PTE you can do things with text which are impossible with Prosucer because the 3D transforms are also available for text. PTE supports many more "layers" than possible with Producer so that amazing animation can be programmed.

PTE loads video much, much faster than Producer because Producer converts all videos to its own format with no option to do otherwise. PTE will have the "option" of converting video to its own best format, but also as is now the case with beta versions, you can omit this step and video loads practically instantly.

Essentially, the differences are that PTE is more like a nuts and bolts tool which lets you be the driver. Producer is like a Mac Truck with an automatic transmission while PTE gives you a 16 speed manual transmission with two speed rear axle and all wheel drive. Producer is "easier" for the novice user to use to make a fancy slideshow with little knowledge, but PTE has all the tools for those who want to really learn to "drive" to have far superior end results.

Now the coup de grĂ¢ce, PTE has free upgrades for life on the main program and a two year, very reasonable upgrade policy on Video Builder. Producer has "finally" lowered their prices to what the market will bear (they originally tried to sell it for over $500) but it still costs you around $200 and their yearly "upgrades" cost you more than PTE with Video Builder!

The above is solely my take on it and in no way reflects any "official" attitude....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Peter, Went in to print too soon. On looking at my emails found key and put this in. Bingo. v7.3 with video file and made DVD. Video went in very quickly indeed into 7.3 - much quicker than ProShow's Producer I must say. Local UK AV man came to our Club and said that ProShow was rubbish. Speaking for myself I find PS very quick and easy to get movement than PTE in images. Now off to make a the same show in PS to compare the resulting DVDs. Cheers, Derek

Derek,

Although still very much a beginner at the start of the learning curve, I have both Proshow Producer and PTE and agree fully with Lin's reply. As I intend to get more serious with my AV presentations, I have decided to go the PTE route. For those who just want to make a slideshow to music, Proshow may be a good choice.

Regards,

Paul Zietsman