WnSoft Forums

New demo show: FlashPTE

Marcovelo

Hello,

If someone is interested in using Flash animations in PTE shows, I've uploaded a demo show ("FlashPTE Demo") on BeechBrook site (http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/).

The purpose of this demo is to demonstrate how it is possible to harmoniously integrate animations in PTE, including 3D text effects, pan and zoom on image, and others.

It uses Granot's utility: "FlashMe" (donationware: http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com/#programs).

This demo is 5 MB and is optimized for 1024x768 resolution (it's OK in 800x600 too).

It requires 350 Mhz CPU minimum, and Macromedia Flash player to be installed (otherwise, FlashMe will propose you to download and install it).

Granot and me are really interested in your comments.

Marco

Granot and me are really interested in your comments.

Marco

You have done very good work with this demo. It shows well. The two of you make a good team on this one.

I was going to say it ran perfectly, but then there was a quirk on my machine. I started at the first and ran each option to and including the "full screen" option. The phone rang so I left the show running on the end of the full screen, waiting to push "return." When I came back 15 minutes later, the show would return to the menu but any option I chose would bring up the appropriate background slide but the flash (I presume) portion would not work. I could continue to go back and forth to any choice but no flash would display. I escaped out of the program and then ran it again. It did run perfectly through all the choices in any order.

Would I use such capability. I don't know. You say it is "simple" to do, but I don't know. I might like to try it to see what I could learn and do. On the other hand, it may over present for some presentations. I mean, some display of simply photos may seem overshadowed by such flashy presentation. But that is what is also great about PTE. If great features are available they can be used by those who do find a need or desire for them. I think it is great that there is always someone pushing the horizons with PTE. I'm sure I'd enjoy shows where you use such techniques. But depending on the show, I might enjoy it just as much without all the fancy.

Conclusion: great work guys. And with so many things, opening the door may bring forth more ideas and sometimes things that seem at first only a novelty, end up becoming frequently used essentials. "What would I do with that?" sometimes ends up "How did I ever do without it?"

Hi Robert,

Thank you for comments.

I will try to reproduce the problem you reported (with the phone !...), but I have no idea on it for the moment.

Because it uses external graphic utility and external Flash technology (with several existing version), we cannot be sure it will work perfectly on all systems. But I agree to say that it must be reliable if we want to use it.

I will try to investigate this problem (may be there is other "minimum requirements", like RAM, Flash versions, etc...).

Also, may be other users will report on it...

I want to tell you I agree with you (on "over present" and so...).

My demo is just a demo, this is just to "open the door..." as you said, may be to give some ideas for some shows...

And yes, I confirm that building Flash animation (with Swish) is not difficult at all, really easier than using Photoshop or PSP with layers, masks, filters, and many options.

I think it is far more "difficult" to obtain nice photos, nice dissolves, nice synchro, etc...

And I consider Flash like just a "funny" small part of the show (if I use it in my shows), I prefer to put all my effort on the photos and transitions and synchro.

I hope you won't be afraid in giving a try to Flash, if you are interested, and may be find other new idea in how to use it in our PTE shows ? (you can download a fully functionnal trial version of Swish at http://www.swishzone.com/)

Thank you again.

Marco