WnSoft Forums

Video Cube Demo.....

Lin Evans

O.K., many have seen a similar show I made using animated gif's. This one has a video plus animated gif. The software is still has a few bugs so it wasn't as easy as I had hoped, but once the wrinkles are ironed out, it's going to be really great. My animated gif's kept crashing with 7.0 beta 1. I finally got a couple of them in along with the video on one cube face. So far, the mip-mapping (anti-shimmer) has not been implemented - hoping it will be soon....

http://www.learntoma...lfvideocube.zip (about 33 meg pc format only)

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/demo/wolfvideocube2.zip (about 35 meg pc format - extended version with more video time, etc.)

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Tom,

Yes, there will undoubtedly be some really neat things possible and I expect to see some of our creative users put these new tools to great use soon.

I added an extended version of the video cube with more video viewing time and some recorded vocalizations - only 2 meg more download but about another 60 seconds of viewing time. It's on original post as a second link....

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Another WOW. Video cube is fantastic! I don't see the mipmapping problem on my macbook pro/win7. No shimmers here.

The possibilities are almost unlimited now. I can imagine a jigsaw puzzle animation with video instead of a static image. Also PTE tutorials in .exe format. Fun and exciting future for PTE users.

Thanks for sharing,

Tom

Hi Tom,

LOL - I'll bet they were interested in the "call of the wild" from their country cousins!

By the way, if you want to see a seriously nice implementation of video with stills, take a look here at Charlie's Jazz demo:

Best regards,

Lin

Very smooth. My dogs were very interested in the end of the extended version.

Thanks,

Tom

Well Lin you certainly hit the ground running with the new video facility. Your implementation of the video on the cube is so perfect that viewers will probably take it for granted. But I guess that is the ultimate compliment for you and for Igor that the spectacular accomplishments are made to appear as "no big deal". The few minutes I have spent with V7 Beta 1 have not got past some malfunctions. Your .exe file runs perfectly on my machine. I wonder if a project file of the show would necessarily also run OK?

Hi Robert,

Let's try it and see... See your messages.. oops, you're message box is full - you need to delete some old ones - can' t send messages right now. I'll try to email you..

Best regards,

Lin

Well Lin you certainly hit the ground running with the new video facility. Your implementation of the video on the cube is so perfect that viewers will probably take it for granted. But I guess that is the ultimate compliment for you and for Igor that the spectacular accomplishments are made to appear as "no big deal". The few minutes I have spent with V7 Beta 1 have not got past some malfunctions. Your .exe file runs perfectly on my machine. I wonder if a project file of the show would necessarily also run OK?