WnSoft Forums

Save images created in PTE to independent folder

One way forward would be to investigate TEMPLATES.

Create a folder somewhere on your drive and nominate that as your Templates Folder in File>Manage Templates.

Then create a Template from you Title Slides Project in File>Templates>Create a Template.

As well as your Title Slides you could set up the Project Options the way you want them to Default when opening a New File.

Then, when starting a New Project, open the previously created Template (File>Templates will show a list of saved Templates) and rename it as required.

All of your Title Slides and your Project Options will then be readily available for use.

Save (again) as a Template using the new name and that will result in a copy of the original Template Folder into which you can transfer new images for use in the Project.

Just one way of doing it?

DG

This morning, Ive just thought up with a way to save selected object(s) in the O&A editor window to a data file that can be stored in a folder and loaded/pasted again at any later time to be used in another slide show. The data file can then be pasted into a existing slide or blank slide from within the O&A editor window. The tool cannot save/copy a complete slide from the slide list or timeline to a data file ... it just saves any or all the O&A object(s) you select. Think of it as creating a object library for PTE.

As soon as v7 Beta testing is done ... I should have the object tool ready for my beta testers to sort out. Most of the work is going to be sorting PTE build versions object compatability and the help file to easily explain the copy and past process. :D

Tom,

Thanks ... I was hoping that you and the rest of our crew were up to do the testing ;)

Iam surprised PTE has not yet added the feature of import/export objects, as it would be better to do all the functions internally rather than thru a external means. Having a library of saved objects to choose from will definitely speed up workflow/production in any project and greatly aid all users.

Ok ... .pto file extension it is. My first alpha build last night started a whole lot of creative possibilities :rolleyes:

...I should have the object tool ready for my beta testers to sort out...

Stu,

Ready and waiting. I have 4.49, 5.52, 5.64, 6.04 and 6.57 all installed on my desktop system (it's still a Vista system)

regards,

Peter

STU

the program has got beyond me - would be glad to hear comments tho - might be able to suggest an idea or 2

new win 7 system taking a lot of my time -- do have one of latest beta's installed on it but it is not friendly - likely it is me

and ver 4.47 gives nothing but errors - my nerves dont need any more to deal with

ken

Peter -- typo

4.49 is installed --

i reinstalled it errors seem to have gone -- problem 449 says i not registered but v7 b6 says i am

now that i started v7 and shut it down i get the error messages with 449

enough for tonight

ken

Thanks guys for all your continued help and support. Alpha tests are going real well ... so much in fact Iam actually having fun (at the moment) with great progress with no issues. Only problem is when to go to bed and stop thinking about it so I can actually sleep.

Ken ... any input and suggestions you can offer are always welcome. I will email the HAWK also. :P

* I will no longer post on this topic about the object tool ... further communication on Beta release will be by email.

See prototype:

post-45-0-75674900-1305151435_thumb.jpg