WnSoft Forums

Keyboard use at run time

barrygordon

I am using P2E to buld slide shows for my home theater. I launch the slideshow exe from a control program that is always running on the same pC that is running the slideshow. The control program receives input from a Pronto PRO or apple iPad to control the what is going on. I would like to be able to control the running slideshow by using "SendKeys" from the windows control program that is running in the same machine as the slide show. I understand how to use the "Advanced" tab of "Project Options" to enable this feature. My question is what keyboard keys perform what actions? In particular: Pause, Play, Stop/Quit, Next, Previous.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply peter.

I still have an issue, and perhaps you or someone on this forum can advise me.

The PC is an ASUS ION 330 which is not that powerful, but does run a P2E slideshow exe which is heavily animated.

The screen size is 1920x1080. The OS is Win 7. What I have noticed is that when the slideshow is running no other processes seem to get cpu time. Is this because of the high degree of animation?

Would a more conventional slide show with perhaps animation to only change slides allow for another app on the same machine to get CPU cycles during the period when the slide is being viewed as opposed to being changed?

Thanks in advance, and help appreciated.

Some programs which work in background (scanning for viruses, opened browser on web page with rich Flash content, ICQ) may cause interruptions in Pan/Zoom/Effects. I found several ways to guarantee non-stop work of slideshow.

This behaviour of a slideshow core provides smooth as silk animation.

What other processes or programs do you have in mind that you want to run during an AV show? I expressly shut down all non-essential processes when showing AVs to avoid any interruption to the show. I hate jerky pictures and stutters in the sound, so I play safe.

I plan on using P2E to make fancy (but not too fancy) slide shows. Something like some of the work done by "The DOM" for use in my theater. The theater has two PCs. One controls all of the components and operates from instructions sent by either a Pronto PRO or an iPad via TCP/IP (Wi-Fi). One of the components is the other PC. This second PC runs a small control program that takes commands from the first PC (TCP/IP) and runs my DVD librarian and shows slide shows using my own program or P2E. This PC connects to the Theater's projector via the theaters A/V Processor over HDMI.

The control program on the PC running P2E is generally doing nothing. It waits for a message (interrupt event) from the main control PC and then quickly acts on it. I just tested using some of the Dom's demos and it works fine. Prior, Next, pause, play, stop all work and since the control program is doing nothing until it gets a command there is no visible effect on the slideshow. When it gets a command from the main control PC it uses the SendKeys functionality of Windows to send the correct key code.

Appears to be working with no issues, Thanks for the help