WnSoft Forums

Key not working

shutterbug

I purchased Pictoexe 5.1 in 2008 and used it alot. Then my computer crashed, I reloaded it and now the key does not work. I have tried to download it again, as I still have the original email from when I purchased it with the order number and all info. I have submitted a ticket for help over 2 days ago and I have emailed to get a new key, I still have not recieved a response. Any other suggestions? I have an important last min project I need to create.

I purchased Pictoexe 5.1 in 2008 and used it alot. Then my computer crashed, I reloaded it and now the key does not work. I have tried to download it again, as I still have the original email from when I purchased it with the order number and all info. I have submitted a ticket for help over 2 days ago and I have emailed to get a new key, I still have not recieved a response. Any other suggestions? I have an important last min project I need to create.

I HAVE NOTIFIED OUR LEADERS

KEN

I HAVE NOTIFIED OUR LEADERS

KEN

Thanks! I finally gave up and uninstalled it again. installed it on another computer and so far I have it working. I don't know if it was a bug or not, it was not accepting my key and now it is. But still would have appreciated a sooner response from them.

Be sure and check your spam filter - often, for what ever reason, mail from Wnsoft gets shuttled into a spam filter and people don't get the reply. They are usually very prompt in replying - but remember the time difference between your location and Russia...

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks! I finally gave up and uninstalled it again. installed it on another computer and so far I have it working. I don't know if it was a bug or not, it was not accepting my key and now it is. But still would have appreciated a sooner response from them.

Hello,

Your support ticket has been replied. Also I have resent registration key at your e-mail address. Please, let me know if you received it.

Kind regards,

I paid for the deluxe version, got my key and try to activate it. It says the activation is successful, opens program and imediately closes and asks to activate again......Please help...I am under fast aproaching deadline and need this to work. using windows 7 64 bit machine.

Lenzcap,

Not sure which version you have on your computer, but suggest you download PTE 7 beta 9. Once it is on your computer, open beta 9 and under the Help Menu, select Enter New Licence Key. Enter your key there. Check to see it has worked by selecting About Pictures To Exe on the Help Menu. If all is in order, you should be able to use the version you have on your computer already.

Regards,

Paul

Lenzcap,

You say you are using Windows7-64.Bit. That's not enough information as there are 6 versions of Windows7, viz:-

1) Windows7-No MediaPlayer

2) Windows7-KN KoreanVersion

3) Windows7-Home Premium

4) Windows7-Professional

5) Windows7-Enterprise

6) Windows7-Ultimate

Which version is yours.?

I am open to correction on this:-

My understanding is as follows. If you purchased ~ "Win7-Home Premium 64.Bit.O/S-System" ~ it will not work with

the PTE-Slideshow. "Win7-Home Premium" can be purchased as a 32.Bit PC or as a 64.Bit PC but not both together.

You would need to return it to your Supplier and have it altered to 32.Bit Operational-Mode if that is the case.

Other versions 4,5,6, (above) can be selectively run in either Mode whereby the 32.Bit Mode is run as a virtual XP-1 PC

which suits the requirements of the PTE-Slideshow which is a 32.Bit Compatible Program.

You need to check which version of Windows.7 you are running and in which Operational-Mode. To have the Program

'open-up' and immediately 'shut-down' indicates such a problem ~ of course there may be other causes.

I hope this helps...

Brian (Conflow)

Hi Brian,

I have a friend who runs PTE on his Windows Home Premium 64 bit OS and it works fine. I'm not certain whether the OS can automatically detect and run 32 bit software in 32 bit mode, or whether Igor has PTE running on 64 bit native OS. I would like to know as well, perhaps we can get Igor to comment on this.

Best regards,

Lin

I have windows 7 64 bit ultimate. The program seems to run fine except that it says the registration was taken successfully but then closes and asks for the registration code again. I can click continue trial and build my slide show but if i try to create a show it says i am using trial and can only do 10 slides. I entered a support ticket and they said they sent me a new code but haven't recieved it yet, and yes i checked my spam folder and it wasn't there either.

Hi Brian,

I have a friend who runs PTE on his Windows Home Premium 64 bit OS and it works fine. I'm not certain whether the OS can automatically detect and run 32 bit software in 32 bit mode, or whether Igor has PTE running on 64 bit native OS. I would like to know as well, perhaps we can get Igor to comment on this.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Yes I agree with you, this situation with PTE & Windows.7 certainly needs clarification for the benefit of all Forum Members.

Here in Ireland and the U.K. if one goes out and buys an "Off the Shelf" Windows.7 PC with Home-Premium installed it will

only run "Multi-Media Programs" from its Libraries provided those Programs are in the format prescribed by Microsoft in the

"Media-Centre" installed on the PC ~ Now recently the Win7 "Media-Centre" has been altered again with Service-Pak.1.

As to how the Pte-Slideshow runs on Windows7 Home-Premium ~ I have no idea, thats up to Igor to advise us ?

Its becomming more complex as Microsoft replaces the 'Media-Centre Formats' with their new 'Media-Foundation System'

due for release with Windows-8 in January 2011. Its looks to me as if Microsoft are 'hell bent' on de-commissioning the XP

32.Bit System in favour of what they call..."Windows7 will provide a fuller and more enriching experience with Multi-Media"...

Where have I heard that before ??

In the long run how will that effect the Pte-Slideshow, I dont know?. This needs clarification because if you are starting to create

Video-Slideshows these will become 'obselete' very quickly unless WnSoft specifies the exact method to make those Videos.

As for Win7-Pro, Win7-Ultimate, Win7-Enterprise, all those versions come "pre-installed with XP-1" as a Virtual-PC but its up

to the owner to activate that mode of operation so the system can render older Media & Programs. But when 'Media-Foundation'

is up and running I wonder if our Forum Members will be enjoying the "Fuller experience" as promised ???..

Brian (Conflow)

I wonder why so many are battling with Windows 7. My Dell desktop came loaded with Vista, with which I had no problems. However, I purchased Windows 7 Home Premium from Amazon when it first came out in late 2009, basically just to play with it. I had the choice of loading it as 32 bit or 64 bit. I went the former route but wanting to make full use of the 6Gb RAM I have installed on my system, I reinstalled Windows 7 about a year ago as 64 bit. I had to reload all my software (MS Office, Photoshop, PTE, iTunes, Cool Edit etc) but have not had a single problem. My system updates itself regularly on the internet and is on Service Pack 1 now. I use Eset's NOD32 Antivirus 4, which works perfectly fine with 32bit and 64bit software on the computer.

Maybe I should count myself lucky? One thing, though. I regularly clean the registry, and defrag at least once a year. I also believe that anti-virus programmes cause an awful lot of trouble on computers which are blamed on either the operating system or software.

Back to the original problem. Perhaps Lenzcap needs to right click on the PTE Icon on his desktop, choose "Run as Administrator" and then reinstall the key. If that fails, download and install PTE 7Beta9. Open as administrator, and under the help menu, load the key. If that works for PTE 7, he should find that PTE 6.5 is also fully licenced and functional.

Regards,

Paul

...My system updates itself regularly on the internet...[and] I regularly clean the registry, and defrag at least once a year...

Paul,

That's the way to keep the system healthy. I also periodically study the list of installed programs via Control Panel and uninstall those that I no longer use (usually ones I've downloaded and tried out but haven't stayed with). One other aspect that users need to be aware of: installing and running software under Windows is different on a multi-user system compared to a single user system.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

I've been running Windows 7 Professional 64bit for over a year, using PTE 6.0.4 with no problems. The only software it wobbles on is for my Canon Pixma printer, which was previously using XP Pro SP3. When I go to print something it throws up the message in the attached SS, so I just click on the "Run Programme" button & away it goes. I also run Elements 6 & CNX 2, with no problems. I did a lot of research before chosing my OS & of the problems I've heard of is when users uninstall Vista or XP & install W7 their systems start to wobble. There are yards of info about it on the MS web site. My advise to anyone going to W7, use W7 Professional 64bit as a minimum.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-17364200-1305990858_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

Ideally, you must use 64 bit drivers for peripheral devices with Windows 7 - 64bit. There are probably 64 bit drivers available for your printer.

Best regards,

Lin

I've been running Windows 7 Professional 64bit for over a year, using PTE 6.0.4 with no problems. The only software it wobbles on is for my Canon Pixma printer, which was previously using XP Pro SP3. When I go to print something it throws up the message in the attached SS, so I just click on the "Run Programme" button & away it goes. I also run Elements 6 & CNX 2, with no problems. I did a lot of research before chosing my OS & of the problems I've heard of is when users uninstall Vista or XP & install W7 their systems start to wobble. There are yards of info about it on the MS web site. My advise to anyone going to W7, use W7 Professional 64bit as a minimum.

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric,

Just saw your Post + Attachment concerning your Canon-Printer etc.

Thats typical of Win7........"Its the other Guys fault,contact them"

Here below is what you want directly from Canon-Support which is

freely available to Microsoft. At the very least they could have given

you a Link to the resource if they dont provide a 'Legacy-Driver'

http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0035869.asp?model=

Brian (Conflow)

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Brian

As I stated in my answer to Lin's reply to my post, it didn't concern me that I had to make one more key stroke to get my Canon IP4500 printer to operate on my W7 64bit Professional OS. I was just trying to illustrate that apart from that issue, W7 & PTE 6.0.4 are operating fine.

However, as you had gone to the trouble of providing a link, I followed it. It led to a Canon.com site where the only software up-grade for my printer was to up-grade the label section of the Canon software.

So, having come this far I elected to download the upgrade. On completion I tried to open my Canon software & got exactly the same response as before the upgrade.

As I had gone so far down the road, I tried the W7 offered solution, which the link led me to the Canon UK site, which offered a W7 64bit upgrade, which the .com site hadn't. So I proceeded with the up-grade & re-tried my Canon software, guess what, exactly the same result.

When I went over to W7 64bit, I had to up-grade various other software packages including Adobe Elements 6 & Nikon CNX2, even Windows Office 98, however, only Word 8 & Excel of that package will operate.

I'm a great believer in "If it ain't broke why fix it?" So thanks for the heads up but it looks like I will be using the extra keystroke until the printer is consigned to that big hardware dump in the sky. PS, it is in its 5th year.

Yachtsman1. ;)

Eric,

I do apologise for putting you into that 'extra-work' situation. One would think because Canon is a world renowned Manufacturer and just as big as Mirosoft ~ and as such ~ Microsoft would accomodate their Printer-drivers as a matter of business etiquette. As I said earlier it seems that Microsoft are 'hell-bent' in trying to to close down all 32.Bit Applications despite the fact that 95% of World Business-Commerce is conducted with 32.Bit systems.

In our Business thats called "Monopoly Lock-Down" and it is believed to be illegal because it infringes Consumer-Rights and I must say I'm surprised that the E.C has not been more pro-active in this matter. Lets hope Win.7 will no go the same way as Vista which was too soon, badly supported, and did not intergrate transparently into Business-Commerce and was subsequently rejected. This would be a pity because Win.7 is fundamentally an excellent system and all it requires is a little less "Microsoft-arrogance" towards its current Customers and Software Vendors.

All I can say is "time will tell".

Brian (Conflow).